“The beacons of Gondor are alight, calling for aid. War is kindled. See there is fire on Amon Din, and falme on Eilenach; and they go apeeding west: Nardol, Erelas, MIn-Rimmon, Calenhad and the Halifirien on the boarders of Rohan.” (Gandalf’s reply upon Pippin’s cry when he saw the hills on fire in the Return of the King.)
- Amon Din- or the Silent Hill, is the first beacon of Gondor in Ered Nimrais.
- Eilenach- it is the second beacon of Gondor and the highest point in the Druadan Forest in Ered Nimrais.
- Nardol – or Fiery Head is the thirst beacon of Gondor in Ered Nimrais.
- Erelas- – it is the fourth beacon of Gondor in Ered Nimrais. It was a green hill without trees.
- Min-Rimmon – or Peak of the Rimmon is a group of crags and the fifth beacon in Ered Nimrais.
- Calenhad – is probably meant Green Space with reference to the flat turf-coverd crown of the hill. It is the sixth beacon of Gondor in Ered Nimrais.
- Amon Anwar (Halifirien in Sindarin) – or the Hill of Awe is the seventh beacon of Gondor and the highest of all the beacons.