Ain’t It Cool News‘ Harry Knowles sums up his thoughts about the films. Here’s a brief excerpt:
This is the last chapter of a rather long journal I’ve kept of my adventures of the past two weeks. The trip took me on total of over Twenty-Seven Thousand Miles roughly… A great deal of flying time… and at the end of it all… A very weary Harry.
Never before have I dedicated myself to such a deadline, written so much so quickly, nor have I had as much fun with both.
At the bottom of this article will be a link adjoining a brief overview of what you’ll find at the other end. This article though has a bit more on its mind.
First, I have to say… though many of you feel you have been with me on this trip of mine… There is so much that I couldn’t put into words… not because I was sworn to secrecy, but because… while I consider myself not half bad at expressing myself… there is just something missing. Touching and seeing and smelling the world of these films… the hands that’ll create them… well, try this….
Click here to read the rest of the article!
Be sure to also follow the links below to read Harry’s previous reports:
- Chapter 10: Peter Jackson’s home and film memorabilia collection
- Chapter 9: The wrap party and blooper reel
- Chapter 8: The last day of filming – Aragorn confronts Sauron using the palantir and plans his assault against Mordor with Gandalf
- Chapter 7: Denethor’s Hall and Alan Lee
- Chapter 6: Aragorn’s Coronation, the Corsairs of Umbar, autograph collection, and… Arwen’s role in the films
- Chapter 5: Weta Workshop, blue screens, marquettes, and props
- Chapter 4: Denethor, Treebeard, accents, Faramir and Eowyn’s wedding, and The Scouring of the Shire
- Chapter 3: The doors of Moria, Fangorn Forest, Gandalf’s resurrection, and the Houses of Healing
- Chapter 2: Faramir, Howard Shore, and the trailer
- Chapter 1: Minas Tirith