I’m proud to announce the re-launch of Tolkien Online’s latest new and improved section, The Reading Room! We’ve spent some long hours retooling The Reading Room, making it a much-more user friendly place, and giving authors an opportunity to get their own Featured Author page.
Frankly, we were really surprised by the skyrocketing popularity of The Reading Room these past 6 months, so we new we needed to make a change: a change to make it easier to access the latest submissions, and give authors the ability to have their very own page featuring only their stories and poems. We’ve made a good deal of changes (not the least of which is the design, of course). We hope you like them!
Here are the changes we’ve made:
- A new Reading Room front page that highlights our featured authors, and also shows the latest submissions, as well as our highest-rated Reading Room articles.
- Any Reading Room author can become a featured author simply by becoming a Premiere Member of Tolkien Online. Featured Authors get a page that features all their own stories, poetry, and other Reading Room submissions, available to any visitor of Tolkien Online. A Featured Author’s submissions are also sortable by newest first, oldest first, or by title.
- Premiere Members (Featured Authors) now have the ability to edit their Reading Room submissions! Just head over to My Content and click the “View/Edit My Stories” and select the submission you’d like to edit. You can also delete your published submissions now too (if you want to remove it from the site for some reason!).
In addition to the Reading Room changes, we’ve also added the following new features:
- Premiere Members can now edit or delete any comments left on articles or gallery images.
- Premiere Members’ signatures now appear in all comments left on articles and gallery images.
- Gallery submissions are now editable! Just head over to My Content and click the “View/Edit My Images” and select the submission you’d like to edit. You can also delete your published images too.
So, head on over to The Reading Room and take a look at the changes. We hope you enjoy the improvements we’ve made… but if you do have any suggestions, just email them to me at email@example.com — we want to make it the best it possibly can be!