Peter Jackson brought most of the comic relief for The Lord of the Rings via Gimli–which, based on his character in the books, is definitely off character. This week we discuss:
- Gimli, the Comic Relief
- Gimli, the Hatchet Man
- Legolas’ Boots were Made for Walkin’ (on snow)
- They did Boromir Dirty… Blonde
Are we right? Wrong? Did we miss something obvious? Let us know!
In our extended episode (available for our members for only $4/mo–free for the first month!) we talk about:
Become a member at https://theonering.com/members to find out
- Do books need comic relief like films? Why or why not?
- Is Legolas the straight man to Gimli’s funny guy?
- Is he considered comic relief too?
- Was Peter Jackson’s portrayal of Legolas walking on snow effective?
🎉 To get the extended episode, become a member at https://theonering.com/members ($4/mo and free for the 1st month)!