Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums Talk About Anything What Would Túrin Do? / What Would Pippin Do?

• What Would Túrin Do? / What Would Pippin Do?

elengil updated 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Posts
  • elengil

Citizen of Imladris : 94 posts

In honour of my favorite train-wreck of a character

(I’m sorry bb I didn’t mean it *hugs hugs hugs*)

Are you facing a life-altering decision? Are you pondering an uncertain course of action? Do you need the internet to help you adult? Well look no further, come here and pose a question: What Would Túrin Do? Then we’ll help you decide how not to turn your life into an epic tragedy of unintended outcomes.

“Should I go for take-out? WWTD?”

“Well Túrin would either shun take-out as being gifts from Doriath, or he’d just hunt down the nearest Dwarf and take his bag of roots. So yes, you should get take-out.”

We’ll make sure you never end up killing your best friend, destroying a realm, or marrying your sibling.

Alternatively:

What Would Pippin Do?

Share your absolute favorite dumbass moment of your life. It can be a bad decision, or just a complete brainfart, or a misunderstanding that escalated culminating in some kind of tragedy that is only funny in retrospect…

Mine isn’t a tragedy, thankfully, just a complete “OMG how did I misread this?”

I worked at an airline repair company that did a lot of Boeing parts, and working with Boeing specs is like a constant flip-flop between arabic numerals and roman numerals.

So we’ll have things like BMS-8 TY V CL 4 GR 3.0/.25 and you have to sort out what’s what from this mess of numbers and letters.

Anyway, so one day I’m driving past a sign outside a fire station and it says that there will be some kind of community meeting on Oct II and my brain read this as October 2nd, but my brain also said “What’ a weird way to put that, nobody is going to understand -oh. wait. They meant the 11th.” 🤦‍♀️ I am a dumbass.

Your turn!

Dec 23, 2021 at 9:17 am
  • Bardhwyn

Shield Bearer : 197 posts

My WWTD moment: I named an RP character after a mashed-up, bastardisation of a militant Muslim terrorist/rebel group that I learned about in high school, the Mojahadin – completely and totally by accident.

When this was pointed out to me, (by Alandriel) I was so embarrassed…and thereafter riddled with paranoia ( it was very shortly after 9/11) that all my RP posts were being scrutinized by the NSA.
    🤣🤣
    Such were the times. If anyone from the NSA read our stuff, I hope they enjoyed it. 😆

Dec 23, 2021 at 9:35 am
    • elengil

Citizen of Imladris : 94 posts

I remember this. 🤣

Dec 23, 2021 at 9:37 am
Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now