Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums Welcome! What are those titles next to your name?

• What are those titles next to your name?

Vanaladiel updated 2 weeks ago 9 Members · 11 Posts
  • Jonathan

Servant of the Secret Fire : 41 posts

So, you may have noticed a unique title next to your name… We have a long standing tradition here at The One Ring (going back to when we launched our first messageboards in 1999) of bestowing titles to you based on your post count (how many times you’ve started discussions and replied to other discussions).

Here’s the breakdown:

Petitioner to the Council : 1-19 posts
    Citizen of Imladris : 20-99 posts
    Shield Bearer : 100-499 posts
    Rider of the Mark : 500-999 posts
    Ranger of the North : 1000-4999 posts
    Mariner : 5000-9999 posts
    Ringbearer : 10000-24999 posts
    Herald of Manwë : 25000+ posts

Other titles you’ll see:

Servant of the Secret Fire : Site Admin
    Moderator : Moderator

Jan 20, 2021 at 11:40 am
  • earendil

Petitioner to the Council : 12 posts

Hey Jon,

For those of us oldies LOL… is there any chance the Post count we had on the old forum might be transferred.

I mean as in technically possible.

Not that we’re getting the icons but still…

Yes I’m so superficial LOL 😂 😆

Jan 25, 2021 at 6:10 am
    • Jonathan

Servant of the Secret Fire : 41 posts

Well…. the problem lies in the base coding of the new community software. Post counts are automatically updated… so if I were to change it manually, it would just reset again the next time you post. I’m looking at adding some more features so that there’s more than just post count titles for users… Something for the dedicated long-time users of TORC 🤔

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:03 pm
      • earendil

Petitioner to the Council : 12 posts

Whatever you do, I’ll be happy. I’m just glad to have the opportunity to come back. Not having access to the old forums was such a bummer 😛

Jan 28, 2021 at 6:20 am
  • Tooks

Citizen of Imladris : 87 posts

So… Shield Bearer is next on my list.

😜

Jan 29, 2021 at 3:32 am
  • roady

Petitioner to the Council : 13 posts

Great titles, but I really just want to be a “friend of Tom Bombadil.” I don’t want to get mixed up in all the chaos of the world.

Jan 30, 2021 at 10:08 am
  • SilverScribe

Citizen of Imladris : 33 posts

*sigh* Ah well, I’ll miss my double rings and RingBearer title . . . but it’s still wonderful to see the Forums again. 👍

So, here’s Post #1 of the New Era of TORC, and now I have to dig up my broadsword . . . what *HAVE* I done with that whetstone . . . 😛

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:51 am
  • Melwa

Citizen of Imladris : 55 posts

Welcome to the new forums, Scribbles!

Jan 31, 2021 at 12:06 pm
  • prmiller

Citizen of Imladris : 30 posts

I think there is a lovely sense of “closing” by saying goodbye to the poems I created in the past and

the poems I get to create now. There is something “manna-like” about a poem: good for the moment,

but don’t hang on to it for too long or it loses its freshness. There may very well have been “classics”

back in the old digs, but over 7,000 posts of poems, and I hope I have gotten a bit of knack for

a turn of phrase and rhymes to out-Nash Ogden Nash…”Parsley is gharsley!” Love that one!

Well, Jonathan, I am in my “retirement” years and have taken my body through an entire overhaul;

losing 70 lbs, trimming down to nearly 15% bodyfat, and feeling fitter than I ever did!

Parm has returned, but oh! There’s vigour in his step now!

Jan 31, 2021 at 3:00 pm
  • Yonávë

Citizen of Imladris : 23 posts

Thanks for the info on how this all lines up!

Feb 9, 2021 at 4:02 pm
  • Vanaladiel

Petitioner to the Council : 10 posts

So great to see Jonathan back working with the site. Sprucing it up and making it all new again.

Yes I miss my post count of 37741 my three rings and almost my 4th but I never got anything but Ringbearer. So this new title that I would have at 25000 would be great!! Such goals once more!!

I originally joined TORC on 02/02/02 so it is cool that I have rejoined the new thread in 02 again but now it is 02/17/21.

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:13 am

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now