Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums Talk About Anything Thread of Today

• Thread of Today

Lalaith-Elerrina updated 3 weeks ago 29 Members · 115 Posts
  • Tooks

Shield Bearer : 168 posts

LK, I should lend you my dog. He announces every UPS and FedEx truck that comes down the street. ๐Ÿ˜€

Today, I got no packages, only bills.

Feb 20, 2021 at 6:21 pm
  • Tooks

And today is….

NATIONAL MARGARITA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:03 am
  • thor

Petitioner to the Council : 4 posts

Today, I returned to TORC after several weeks – and found it quite different than how I remembered! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I used to be Thor ‘n’ Oakenshield on the previous forums (quite liked that username, too, but had no recollection whatsoever of the password I originally used), but I hope I’ll be able to fit in comfortably here on these brand-new forums – everything seems so sleek and modern! As for my absence, that had to do with a ruptured appendix and emergency surgery that left me feeling pretty awful for a few weeks: but I’m pretty much fully recovered now, no longer feel like my insides are trying to strangle me alive, and I can’t wait to explore these new forums fully!

Mar 2, 2021 at 1:35 pm
    • Jonathan

Servant of the Secret Fire : 46 posts

Welcome back! It’s good to have more old timers returning ๐Ÿ™‚

Mar 2, 2021 at 4:25 pm
  • Tooks

Thor’n! I am glad you are okay! Emergency surgery isn’t a fun thing!

Welcome back! ๐Ÿ˜€

Mar 3, 2021 at 6:41 pm
  • Ladykat

Shield Bearer : 171 posts

Didn’t get much sleep last night as a result of being sick. (Ate something that didn’t agree with me.)

As a result, today I’m doing……not much of anything really. Too tired.

Welcome back, Thor’n.

LK

Mar 4, 2021 at 10:43 am
  • Ladykat

Today I did some shopping. Finally found some cat food I think (hope) my brats will like.

LK

Mar 8, 2021 at 8:54 pm
  • earendil

Citizen of Imladris : 85 posts

Today…

I’ve gone grocery shopping – because even in a pandemic one needs to eat and I’ve never liked to order my fresh produce online. You never know what they’ll pick for you. And getting rotten fruit no way ๐Ÿ˜›

I’ve also written two one-shot stories and published one on my blog.

And now I’m back at sending emails to get a new job because unfortunately for now, writing isn’t paying the bills.

Mar 9, 2021 at 5:25 am
  • Ladykat

Today I decided to clear out a closet or two.

That is really more time consuming than you might think.

LK

Mar 10, 2021 at 7:33 pm
  • Tooks

Today is pie day.

You are welcome.

Mar 14, 2021 at 5:07 am
  • Arassuil

Citizen of Imladris : 41 posts

Today I noticed spambot posts in threads donโ€™t disappear with the spambot deletion, so in the end they accomplish what they set out to do.

I also noticed today the same spambots here are the ones that invaded Arwen Undomiel the same day.

Mar 14, 2021 at 1:49 pm
  • earendil

Today I’m taking a class in creative writing.

I have a little catch-up to do in class and assignment but it’s coming up nicely.

And then writing some more cover letters to apply for jobs ๐Ÿ˜›

What is somewhat reassuring is that there are offers in my field. So keeping my fingers crossed.

Mar 18, 2021 at 2:00 am
  • Tooks

Today is the first day of

Mar 20, 2021 at 2:07 am
  • earendil

Today is DST but the thing about having young kids? They donโ€™t care ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚… whatโ€™s an hour less or more to sleep?

They just want to be up and play.

Also preparing for a job interview tomorrow. With a hiring company so not yet the actual employer. Keep your fingers crossed please ๐Ÿ˜Š

Mar 27, 2021 at 11:19 pm
  • Ladykat

Today I am doing laundry.

If I don’t do anything else, at least I will have accomplished that.

LK

Apr 1, 2021 at 8:55 am
  • Ladykat

Today I am packing up some old textbooks to take to my storage unit.

I don’t need them here, and they’re just taking up space.

LK

Apr 6, 2021 at 9:21 am
  • Tooks

Today is a good walk day for the mutt.

And and good yardwork day.

And a good go to store for stuff day.

There are not enough hours in today. ๐Ÿ˜›

๐Ÿ˜›

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:25 am
  • earendil

Today I was told that I was too qualified for the job I interviewed for… too much experience managing teams – sometimes big ones – so theyโ€™re afraid Iโ€™ll be bored.

On the other hand the reference I got from one of my former clients was stellar and really appreciated. Feels good to read.

Also sunny but cold (11C vs the 27c from last week ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜‚)… and back to teaching school to my eldest and figuring out activities for the youngest since schools and daycares are all closed.

Finding a job while managing two kids and a stressed out, exhausted (and thus moody) husband… not easy ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ.

Apr 7, 2021 at 7:47 am
  • Ladykat

earendil—-sorry about the job. That sucks! Too qualified, HA! Tell them no one is too qualified to earn money so they can feed themselves.

Today was a beautiful day, and I wish I could have went for a nice long walk or something, but I had to stay home waiting for a delivery.

Sometimes I despise Amazon. Why can’t they ever deliver in the morning? Then I wouldn’t waste the whole day waiting for them. But nooooooooooo! It’s always late afternoon, early evening when they get here.

Of course, if I were to count on them coming late and go somewhere, THEN they’d show up at 9am!

LK

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:19 pm
  • Arassuil

Citizen of Imladris : 41 posts

@earendil – That is usually the terms used for age discrimination. Sorry it didn’t work out.

@Ladykat – Your delivery drivers are probably poorly-paid, overworked sub-contractors?

Today was a good day to order Italian takeaway from a lovely locak restaurant called Basillico.

Apr 7, 2021 at 10:56 pm
    • earendil

@Arassuil, didnโ€™t think about that but it does make sense. About to turn 40, mother of 2 young ones; so much room for discrimination here… that does lend some perspective.

@Ladykat , yeah well seems like they donโ€™t care… and in a pandemic with a husband making โ‚ฌ0 until restaurants can reopen it is a challenge.

Another sunny day today, less chill (16c no coat today); this morning spent working with the eldest, this afternoon outside with the youngest while his brother is doing gardening with my parents ๐Ÿ˜‚. He loves it; Iโ€™m such a city person, itโ€™s fun to see him enjoy working the earth (never liked it myself even as a kid at my grandparents)…

Apr 8, 2021 at 3:11 am
  • earendil

Posting after myself but I donโ€™t care; turning 40 today and I canโ€™t help but reminisce the time and the friendships I made on TORC that have carried me through the years.

Thank you all.

Apr 11, 2021 at 12:01 am
  • Tooks

Happy birthday, earendil!!!11111

40? I have a few years on you. ๐Ÿคจ

<div>

๐Ÿ˜„

</div>

Apr 11, 2021 at 3:45 pm
    • earendil

Thank you Tooks ๐Ÿ˜˜

I guess age is a state of mind ๐Ÿ˜œ. I’m feeling old these days though….

Tbh it was a weird day – it started really nice and then somehow it turned a bit sour.

Really grateful to @elengil for the evening/night chat; it really cheered me up.

And I had some nice champagne (a bottle is left… should think of drinking it ๐Ÿ˜œ)

But I did get some lovely presents: Le Guin’s Books of Earthsea, which believe it or not I’ve never read. A book by Stephen King On Writing – a Memoir on the Craft and expecting a few extra this week (not available earlier), including a couple of recommandations from the book club on this very website ๐Ÿ˜„

Ok the emoji on my computer are showing weirdly vs those on my phone. I guess we’ll see when I post.

Apr 14, 2021 at 8:13 am
  • Tooks

This place never seems to work the same way twice. ???

Or maybe I’m doing something wrong???

That may be it. ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜„

Yesterday I got my first covid shot.

Today my arm is sore.

Yay for that. ๐Ÿคจ

Apr 15, 2021 at 11:20 am
  • Drogo Baggins

Petitioner to the Council : 17 posts

Today I’m going to hang our new nestbox for our chickens…one that is made so the eggs roll out under a protected cover, so the stupid chickens and cats don’t eat them.

Apr 17, 2021 at 5:49 am
  • Ladykat

Today I am disappointed because something I have been waiting for in the mail still has not arrived.

LK

P.S. Happy Belated Birthday, earendil.

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:25 am
    • earendil

Thank you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป very much

Apr 18, 2021 at 11:43 pm
  • Tooks

Today it started out sunny and warm, and ended cold and windy.

๐Ÿคจ

Apr 21, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Viewing 51 - 75 of 94 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now