Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums The Lord of the Rings There and back again

• There and back again

Hunter updated 3 weeks ago 5 Members · 5 Posts
  • jlanderson

Petitioner to the Council : 1 posts

Re-read The Hobbit and back with LOTR once again. Don’t remember when I first started to read Tolkien; probably 1965 or there about. Now with Pippen and Merry at the Entmoot. Still noticing new details or themes after re-reading these marvels many times over the years.

Still wonderful

Aug 15, 2021 at 4:47 pm
  • bornilon

Petitioner to the Council : 9 posts

Agreed. LOTR in particular always rewards a new reading; it’s like conversing with an old and familiar friend, and discovering small revelations and unsuspected insights which surprise and delight you– even after all these years…

Aug 17, 2021 at 1:51 pm
  • This content has been hidden as the member is suspended.
  • Drogo Baggins

Citizen of Imladris : 24 posts

I discovered The Hobbit and LOTR in 1976 or so….Junior High. Love at first sight. The only fiction I read for many years. So much detail that re-reading always brings out the details and nuances that get forgotten. Its been many years now…..probably due to revisit.

Jan 1, 2022 at 8:38 am
  • Hunter

Citizen of Imladris : 29 posts

There and back again…so many times.

I’ve read the Hobbit and LOTR so many times since I first discovered the books back in the late sixties. I even read them to my 2 girls when they were young. This year after reading a few of the History of Middle Earth books I decided to read the Silmarillion, which I hadn’t read in a while.

To quote jlanderson… Still wonderful. 🙂

Jan 4, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 replies

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now