Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums Movies, TV, and More The Lord of the Rings: Gollum News and Discussion

• The Lord of the Rings: Gollum News and Discussion

• Otaku-sempai

Citizen of Imladris : 62 posts

Jordan Maison of cinelinx reports:

The upcoming Lord of the Rings game that puts you in the role of Gollum won’t be arriving this year after all.

Though we’re still in the first month of the year, we already know of at least one video game we won’t be getting our hands on in 2021: The Lord of the Rings – Gollum. Announced back in 2019, and finally getting a gameplay trailer last year, it seemed like things were on track for the stealth title to arrive this year…But no.

The news comes in conjunction with the reveal that Daedalic Entertainment (the developer) has entered into a partnership with publisher NACON.

But that’s not all the Press Release marking the announcement reveals:

“Developed for Xbox and PlayStation consoles, Nintendo Switch, and PC, the game will be released in 2022”.

So yeah, Gollum won’t be arriving this year as expected, but it is nice to see it’s also getting a Switch release (previously only announced for PlayStation and Xbox systems).

Source: https://www.cinelinx.com/news/the-lord-of-the-rings-gollum-pushed-to-2022/

Jan 27, 2021 at 9:30 am
  • Jonathan

Servant of the Secret Fire : 46 posts

I’m a little leery of this title. I’m not sure what kind of engaging gameplay there can be when playing exclusively as Gollum.

A lot of SNEEEEAKING I guess 😉

Jan 27, 2021 at 4:26 pm
    • Otaku-sempai

Yeah, there’s a post about the gameplay and another with a preview in the old forums!

Jan 27, 2021 at 6:05 pm
    • Yonávë

Citizen of Imladris : 23 posts

HAhahah!!! That final sentence… that’s the perfect response!!

Feb 9, 2021 at 4:22 pm
  • roady

Petitioner to the Council : 17 posts

I suppose you would have to avoids orcs, scale mountains, and eat fish to build up health.

Jan 30, 2021 at 8:15 pm
    • Otaku-sempai

This does seem to be principally a stealth and puzzle-solving game.

Feb 1, 2021 at 6:45 am
  • Anonymous

Petitioner to the Council : 5 posts

Wow, what an excellent post. That’s what I was looking for. I would like to suggest that you continue sharing such types of information.

usa map

Feb 1, 2021 at 12:28 am
    • Otaku-sempai

This was posted on the old forums:

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum – Official Teaser Trailer (IGN): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFYCR1G2n9k

IGN reports: The Lord of the Rings: Gollum Is a ‘Prince of Persia-Like’ Stealth Game With a Branching Narrative:

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum will mix Prince of Persia-like stealth action, feature a branching narrative, and expand on the hints given by J.R.R. Tolkien about the Stoor-formerly-known-as-Sméagol to create a brand new Lord of the Rings story that aims to fit alongside the books.
      Daedelic still isn’t showing off gameplay footage of its 2021 next-gen stealth project, but the game’s developers spoke exclusively to IGN about Gollum’s mixture of stealth-action and interactive narrative gameplay, how they’re expanding on Tolkien’s original fiction, how they tried to create a version of the character you actually want to spend time with, and more.
      We can also reveal a first CG teaser trailer, giving you a better look at this take on Gollum, and the Mordor he finds himself stranded in.

Feb 1, 2021 at 11:18 am
  • Otaku-sempai

Daedalic entertainment has released a new Sneak Peek Trailer for Gollum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4quz8AOxCQs

Mar 26, 2021 at 2:40 pm

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now