Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums Talk About Anything Soooooo… I have to start a new TVM thread?

• Soooooo… I have to start a new TVM thread?

Storyteller updated 3 weeks, 1 day ago 23 Members · 170 Posts
  • Tygarya

Petitioner to the Council : 16 posts

Well well, so here everyone is…were you all hiding from me? 😈

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:35 pm
  • Tooks

Shield Bearer : 168 posts

Tyg!!! Great to see you!!!!111111 πŸ˜ƒ

*sets another place for 1st breakfast*

nl, Scribbles better get her broadsword here, pronto!!! Or we may lock the door on her.

ha.

Just kidding. 😝

Jan 22, 2021 at 3:35 am
  • heliona

Citizen of Imladris : 42 posts

truehobbit, just start a new topic in the equivalent to the Books forum, post a link to the old thread, and away you go. I don’t think anyone has posted in there yet, so you can be the first. πŸ™‚

nl, that’s great news, hopefully Scribbles will find her way here.

Tygs! Good to see you!

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:09 am
  • Storyteller

Petitioner to the Council : 7 posts

Hello all! I see we have moved.

How’s everyone? And is everyone accounted for?

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:37 am
  • heliona

Not yet, ST. Lots of people not here yet, but plenty of posters who have returned from long adventures away. πŸ™‚

And new posters too!

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:58 am
  • Melwa

Citizen of Imladris : 55 posts

*snags the last chocolate donut and nl’s can of spam* be right back, gonna fry this to add to the breakfast spread.

Jan 22, 2021 at 9:38 am
  • Tooks

Story!!! Good to see you. How’s married life treating you?

πŸ˜ƒ

Jan 22, 2021 at 3:49 pm
  • Tygarya

Back at ya Tooks 😘

How are you Heliona?

Not sure how much time I will get to spend back here again but thought I better pop in and torment everyone when I can 😈

So is a new Cheeky House on the agenda…see if we can hide it from Jon… 😺

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:09 pm
  • heliona

You’re married, ST? Congratulations!

I’m doing all right, Tygs, thanks. Just ticking along with lockdown, coping with attempting to entertain my daughter, look after my horse, who is injured, and also sometimes go into work. How are you doing? It’s great to see you.

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:51 pm
    • Tygarya

I follow your insta πŸ˜‰

You got injured too didn’t you, how’s that going?Recuperation is never easy…

Lucky for us in NZ we don’t have any lockdown…we are free birds flying around with no where to go as the rest of the world is locked down oh well just as well I live in Godszone #bragging 😈

Jan 22, 2021 at 6:04 pm
      • heliona

Yes, I did. Dislocated my hip. Although that horse is now under the care of someone else, and is perfectly healthy (they’ve clipped all his hair off, so he freezing and rather grumpy, so I think they’re regretting it and now know why I like my horses furry!).

The horse I took on as a rehab horse was just coming back into work, as he’d not had anyone looking after him (he’s a school horse, but the riding school has shut due to COVID). Then I noticed he’d got a strange growth on one of his feet. It’s some sort of infection – I think it might be canker, which can be really nasty. Hopefully we caught it early enough, but the vet had to dig out quite a bit of hoof, so the horse is on a no-work routine and only just allowed out for a quick run in the arena right now. He’s getting rather grumpy and bolshy, but it does mean that I’ve got time to get fit!

My physio discharged me last week and told me to keep on doing what I’d been doing (since then of course I’ve done nothing – although that’s partly due to having a horrendous cold thanks to my darling daughter). I’ve got an x-ray on my hip next week, and we’ll see what they say. (There’s a potential that I might need a new hip, but they won’t know until maybe another year or so – it depends on whether the blood flow to the bone was stopped and they can’t tell that right away. But the fact that there’s no pain, just sometimes a mild ache, is a good sign, I believe.)

How are you getting on? (I am extremely jealous that you’re in the beautiful NZ, both because it’s on my bucket list of places to go, but also because you have sensible politicians who have sorted out this pandemic.)

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:47 am
      • Tygarya

We are also an island nation so its easy to block…just shut the airports lol

Which they haven’t actually done, so we keep getting cases at the border caught in quarantine so as long as that keeps working…

My Mum had her hip replaced, it is a fairly routine op, no need to worry if you do need it. Hugs

I have yet another ct scan coming up in Feb it will be number 7 I think…😏

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:13 pm
    • Storyteller

I’ve been married for almost 3 years already. Brought wifey over here from the Philippines in record time, and everything’s been pretty amazing up until Covid hit.

Wifey’s been unemployed since mid-April 2020 (she’s also been working as a travel agent, survived at her job for as long as she could then got put on unpaid leave with no end in sight), we’re looking for a new job for her but in the current situation it’s one hell of a challenge, especially since she’s still learning Hebrew. We’re lucky that she got temporary resident status in October, which allowed her to receive unemployment benefits (our government here guaranteed unemployment benefits until end of June) or we would’ve been in serious financial trouble. My job didn’t go anywhere so far; as usual, the worse the crisis the more they need me – but there are no sales bonuses anymore, and the work itself is all cancellations and refunds and people screaming at me for not having gotten their money back yet. Takes some effort to not bring all that negativity home. I’m growing tired of working in travel and wondering about transitioning to another field, applying to all kinds of places, without much success so far.

On the up side, we moved to a bigger apartment with a 45 square meter roof terrace just before the Covid lockdowns began, so we have managed to avoid the worst of the claustrophobia. We have some new friends (also Israeli-Filipina couples) and we meet up and adventure a little bit in between the lockdowns. Also, none of us caught Covid, and my vaccination is February 2.

Oh and my sister in Germany just gave birth to triplets. We’re waiting for flights to Germany to reopen so that we could go see them.

Jan 23, 2021 at 1:11 am
  • Tooks

Your sister had triplets?????

*faints*

Luckily I retired in 2018, so I don’t have to try working from home like my ex-co-workers. (is that a word?)

Ladykat and Ninui are not here yet. I sent off an email to LK, but I don’t think I have one for Ninui. Poor lady was having trouble getting on the old TORC for a while, just got it straightened out, then BOOM. Here we are. I should send up some flares. Is there a gif for that?

heh.

Jan 23, 2021 at 4:45 am
  • notlistening

Citizen of Imladris : 28 posts

[quote]nl, Scribbles better get her broadsword here, pronto!!! Or we may lock the door on her.

ha.

Just kidding. [/quote]

(hey how do you do the quote thing here? Is it different?)

Yeah Tooks, she’d just cut a Scribe sized hole in the door. Which could make it tricksy to fly anywhere…

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:04 pm
  • Tooks

Yea, the usual taggie things we are used to don’t work here, nl. I am be-fuzzled at times. 😜

So, I got one eye doc appointment out of the way today. Tomorrow is car inspection. Can I just stay home on Thursday?

thanks. πŸ˜’

Jan 26, 2021 at 7:14 pm
  • Ninui

Petitioner to the Council : 1 posts

Ninui here. I don’t think I like all this new crap. I don’t think I’ll venture into these hall much,( if any). Everything is gone !! Gone!! I’m so sad and am in tears. Lord even the emojis are gone

Be well everyone.

Ninui

Jan 26, 2021 at 7:48 pm
    • Melwa

Hello, good to see you! Not gone, it’s all still in the archives. And I keep finding new tools and features reappear every few days – the site is definitely still a work in process. But yes, it still feels like a strange new house we’ve moved into. I miss the emojis toooooo.

Jan 26, 2021 at 10:18 pm
  • Tooks

I don’t like the reply to a specific post thingy, because how do you know who posted where and when? gah!

Ninui, hope you’ll stick around and help make it more like home.

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:22 pm
  • heliona

Yes, the reply to individuals can get a bit confusing.

Ninui, I think there will be emojis and other things on the way. This place is very fresh at the moment.

Tygs, we’re an island too, but that didn’t help us, since our idiot government doesn’t believe in stopping borders. All the best for the next CT. I had an x-ray yesterday and all’s well so far and looking good. Also, my horse has his dressing off his foot now, so progress for him too.

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:55 pm
  • Tooks

I guess I should roust Louie from hibernation. Get him and Tony in here, cause some havoc. Fun stuff. πŸ™ƒ

Jan 29, 2021 at 3:41 am
  • Melwa

Excellent gif selection there.

Jan 29, 2021 at 12:03 pm
  • Tooks

I gotta say I do like the gifs. πŸ˜€

Jan 29, 2021 at 6:16 pm
  • notlistening

Huzzah! Nearly all the internal borders of Australia are now open to me (except WA who are being very tricksy…and waiting for their election to be done πŸ˜‰ ) so I will be able to take my short holiday to Tasmania on the 13th as long as we don’t have any more cases. Praise the Lord! It’s been 13 days since the last one so that’s good. As long as peoples stick to the rules and those in quarantine STAY THERE until test says they can go, all should be okay.

Sorry the UK and US are having so many cases. πŸ™ Please stay safe.

Heliona, hope healing continues and n new hip is required.

Jan 30, 2021 at 3:25 pm
  • SilverScribe

Citizen of Imladris : 33 posts

Good Gravy, I’m a Petitioner again??? LOLOLOLOL . . . well, it’s a good thing I didn’t get all spammy to try and get that third ring, eh? πŸ˜‰ Bad enough losing two . . .

* plops down and puts feet up *

Sooooo, where’s a thirsty Bard gonna get a flagon of ale now? And Tooks, put away that Duct Tape . . . yes, I saw it. I may not be around a whole lot, but I will try and peek in now and again.

* unsheathes her Broadsword and digs up her whetstone *

Now, where was I?

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:57 am
  • heliona

Scribbles!!!! Good to see you again.

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:10 am
    • SilverScribe

Citizen of Imladris : 33 posts

ACK!! Don’t do that!

*grumbles . . . ‘folks’ll get the idea I’m cuddly instead of a curmudgeon . . .’ *

But thank you heliona for the welcome. 😊 Though it still does feel a bit “echo-ey” in here; of course once the regular folks make the journey and the newbies start arriving, it’ll feel better I’m sure.

“Scribe-sized hole in the door” . . . . hmmmm wish I’d seen that suggestion earlier, LOL. 😈

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:21 am
  • notlistening

We could just create a special entrance just for you if you happened to carve one out with your sword or knock down? “Scribes Only…this does not mean you!” sign or whatnot.

Jan 31, 2021 at 8:52 pm
  • Old_Begonia

Petitioner to the Council : 13 posts

So this is where all the cool kids hang out! Hiya!

Eyes the brunch…but scoots her walker over near the window, offloads two bags of random belongings. Settles on the window seat.

Will there be dancing?

Feb 1, 2021 at 11:51 am
  • Morwenna

Citizen of Imladris : 20 posts

By the way, I never did learn what TVM stands for… 😊

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:45 pm
  • Storyteller

Hi all!

I just got vaccinated with the Pfizer shot. Didn’t feel a thing. I’ll let you know if I grow a tail (might be uncomfortable for sleeping on my back, come to think of it).

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:27 am
    • elengil

Citizen of Imladris : 38 posts

Oh I’d be totally down for growing a tail! 😺

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:52 am
Viewing 26 - 50 of 137 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now