Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums Talk About Anything Soooooo… I have to start a new TVM thread?

• Soooooo… I have to start a new TVM thread?

Ladykat updated 5 hours, 21 minutes ago 19 Members · 111 Posts
  • Tooks

Citizen of Imladris : 90 posts

Done!

Jan 14, 2021 at 11:26 pm
  • Melwa

Citizen of Imladris : 55 posts

*knocks on door* Hello? Oops, I think the paint is still wet.

Jan 15, 2021 at 12:28 am
  • Tooks

Melwa! You can help me arrange the furniture.

Where do we put the sofa? Against the west wall? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

Jan 15, 2021 at 1:35 am
  • notlistening

Petitioner to the Council : 17 posts

aha, that’s the reply button I needed.

Jan 18, 2021 at 4:42 am
  • Tooks

Yea. Still trying to figure stuff out. What happened to my photo? gah!

eta: Never mind. Found it. Fixed it. ๐Ÿ˜‡

Jan 18, 2021 at 3:45 pm
  • notlistening

I’ll order some new duct tape supplies.

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:00 pm
  • Morwenna

Petitioner to the Council : 12 posts

Moving is such a pain… so much stuff to unpack… if you can find it…

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:51 pm
  • Melwa

I agree, Morwenna. Where’d my best frying pan get to??

Bookshelf by the east window sound good to everyone? Oops, looks like it got a bit scratched, can you grab some paint for a touch-up along with that duct tape, nl?

Jan 19, 2021 at 4:25 am
  • sylthian

Petitioner to the Council : 4 posts

So apparently I’m a noob???? I had no email linked to my user name and had to sign up all over again. Guess that’s what happens when you only post twice a year **sheesh** This new place is a little empty……

Jan 19, 2021 at 4:31 am
    • Jonathan

Servant of the Secret Fire : 42 posts

There’ll be more… it’ll be a slow build, but once the new Amazon show launches I expect we’ll see a bit of an influx.

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:33 pm
  • notlistening

I think we’re all noobs now. Gone are the shiny rings and shields. That does give me a chance to catch up to Tooks.

Melwa, any particular colour paint you’d like? I have a nice soft green that should be soothing. Or we could cover it with Tooks’s “Faramir in feetsy PJ’s” poster?

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:29 pm
    • Tooks

Ha ha ha!!! You will never catch up! Never!

I must go change my profile pic, photo, thing…..

And I think syl wants the Faramir poster in her bedroom. ๐Ÿ˜

Jan 19, 2021 at 11:51 pm
  • heliona

Citizen of Imladris : 42 posts

Where’s my House of Finrod poster?! How am I going to show my allegiance? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well, it’s certainly more mobile friendly, but does feel like it needs some living in. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Jan 20, 2021 at 12:16 am
  • sylthian

“And I think syl wants the Faramir poster in her bedroom.” Yes please..

And by ’empty’ I meant like lack of furniture – is that coming too ๐Ÿ˜ (and by furniture I mean pics,) Hey – you can do gifs?? Mmmm I like

Jan 20, 2021 at 4:27 am
  • sylthian

And yeah NL, no matter how hard you try Tooks will always post more…. and more… and more

Jan 20, 2021 at 4:28 am
  • Michael

Hi everyone!

Jan 20, 2021 at 6:11 am
    • Melwa

Hello and welcome!

Jan 20, 2021 at 6:45 am
  • Melwa

Syl – I had to re-register even with the email linked properly to the password. We’re all noobs now.๐Ÿ˜‡

Nl – soft green sounds lovely for the walls, but I just need some black for the scratched bookshelf. Got any other good posters for the front room walls? Ooh, and we need a bunch of comfy chairs.

Heliona – hello, long time no see! I used the same alliance picture from the old forum (got a bigger version off the lotr wiki) as my profile pic for a few days. Now I’ve got it on my cover photo, so it’s still preserved for posterity. Ooh, more mobile friendly? I haven’t tried logging in on my phone yet.

Nice to see the ranks and post counts back – I thiink this one will put me past the Petitioner level? Before Tooks?? Maybe I CAN catch up! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Jan 20, 2021 at 6:45 am
    • heliona

Oh yes, once upon a time I saved them all to a computer for when I rewrote the massive Welcome post on TORC. (Might actually save that one for posterity!).

I’ll see if I still have it somewhere.

You look you’re still a Petitioner. ๐Ÿค” Maybe Jonathan hasn’t put in the post counts yet. Although did it used to be 50 posts before the next rank? As it’s been about 21 years since I was last a Petitioner, I can’t remember!

Jan 20, 2021 at 12:28 pm
      • Jonathan

Servant of the Secret Fire : 42 posts

Added a sticky post in welcome showing the titles!

What are those titles next to your name?

Jan 20, 2021 at 11:43 am
      • heliona

That confused me for a second because I remember that being asked in 2000. ๐Ÿคฃ

*sigh* It took me about 15 years to get to be a Mariner. ๐Ÿ˜

Jan 20, 2021 at 2:41 pm
      • Melwa

Yeah, I think the first rank must go up to 50, but like you say, it’s been so long. ๐Ÿ˜†

Jan 20, 2021 at 3:56 pm
  • notlistening

After 17 years I never made it to 10,000. I was getting closer though.

Melwa, I think there should be some of the swimsuit shots for past MOME somewhere in the TVM. Hmmm can’t figure out how to drop a picture in so Scribbles private collection of Eomer photos will just have to stay…private.

Hi Michael, welcome to the TVM. What shade of duct tape do you like?

Jan 20, 2021 at 3:17 pm
    • SilverScribe

Citizen of Imladris : 33 posts

Ahem! I don’t have a secret stash of Eomer photos . . . you’re thinking of Bardhwyn . . . ๐Ÿ˜›

Eomer is still sore at me for beating him in that last Middle Earth Melee . . . Har!

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:03 am
      • Herger

Petitioner to the Council : 3 posts

Pfft. Eomer.

I know who *you* keep pictures of. ๐Ÿ˜œ

If I offer sufficient alcohol, she *might* not kill me…

Feb 2, 2021 at 7:38 am
      • SilverScribe

Herrrrrrgerrrrr . . . I mean … HA!

Okay, now break out the flagons of rich, nut-brown ale and we’ll see about *not* killing you. ๐Ÿ˜›โ˜ 

Feb 6, 2021 at 12:47 pm
      • Herger

Barkeep! The next round’s on me!

*moments later, soaked with ale.*

Ehem… Barkeep… I’ll buy the next round.

Now if you’ll excuse me…

Goes to find a dry change of clothes.

Feb 8, 2021 at 9:33 am
  • Tooks

Testing testing 1…2…3….8…

hey. Html tags don’t work. ๐Ÿ˜

Jan 20, 2021 at 4:06 pm
  • sylthian

NL – seriously … after 18 years I never got to 3,000 posts!! Maybe I deserve to be a noob.

Hello Michael ๐Ÿ˜ท elbow bump

I kind of like the new digs, fancy doncha know

Jan 20, 2021 at 5:47 pm
  • heliona

I shall dig out some old posters, see if we can liven the place up. (Rubbish that html tags don’t work. I think links work but you just have to put the directly in. Edited to add: html tags do work, I just managed to put this in. Although when I went to edit it, the code has gone and it’s just what would be displayed, which is a bit awkward, when it’s the code I want to edit.)

House of Finrod

Jan 21, 2021 at 1:39 am
  • Tooks

syl, you’d best get to posting. I will have to check in on Ladykat so she knows where we moved.

In the meantime, where’s breakfast?

hmmm…. the kitchen needs to be stocked up.

*has brunch delivered*

๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿ๐Ÿณ๐Ÿฅ“

Jan 21, 2021 at 3:41 am
  • heliona

Mmm, brunch!

Jan 21, 2021 at 2:39 pm
  • truehobbit

Hello all!

*moves to the newly unpacked sofa, careful not to brush along the newly painted walls*

I like being a Petitioner to the Council again. Makes me feel all young and fresh.

But I also regret that I stopped being active before getting to Ringbearer.

๐Ÿ™‚

Jan 21, 2021 at 5:31 pm
  • Tooks

Well, now is your opportunity. Go for the ring!!!!

hmmm…. We need some LOTR themed smiley things.

We DO have some gifs to use….

Jan 21, 2021 at 5:40 pm
  • truehobbit

I think for the time being, I’ll enjoy feeling young and fresh. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Funny thing is that I’d forgotten all about this new board starting and just went back to the boards a week or so ago because I’d been thinking of getting a little more active again…and there was even a new thread in Books I found interesting, so I left, thinking I’d come back soon and post a reply…and when I did it was “this is now read only”. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜†

Jan 21, 2021 at 5:57 pm
  • notlistening

I mentioned to Scribbles the change of venue. She’ll pop by after she sharpens her broadsword on something…or someone ๐Ÿ˜‰

Haven’t been a petitioner to the council for a lifeage. Need to spam more…

Jan 21, 2021 at 8:11 pm
  • Tygarya

Petitioner to the Council : 16 posts

Well well, so here everyone is…were you all hiding from me? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:35 pm
  • Tooks

Tyg!!! Great to see you!!!!111111 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

*sets another place for 1st breakfast*

nl, Scribbles better get her broadsword here, pronto!!! Or we may lock the door on her.

ha.

Just kidding. ๐Ÿ˜

Jan 22, 2021 at 3:35 am
  • heliona

truehobbit, just start a new topic in the equivalent to the Books forum, post a link to the old thread, and away you go. I don’t think anyone has posted in there yet, so you can be the first. ๐Ÿ™‚

nl, that’s great news, hopefully Scribbles will find her way here.

Tygs! Good to see you!

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:09 am
  • Storyteller

Hello all! I see we have moved.

How’s everyone? And is everyone accounted for?

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:37 am
  • heliona

Not yet, ST. Lots of people not here yet, but plenty of posters who have returned from long adventures away. ๐Ÿ™‚

And new posters too!

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:58 am
  • Melwa

*snags the last chocolate donut and nl’s can of spam* be right back, gonna fry this to add to the breakfast spread.

Jan 22, 2021 at 9:38 am
  • Tooks

Story!!! Good to see you. How’s married life treating you?

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Jan 22, 2021 at 3:49 pm
  • Tygarya

Back at ya Tooks ๐Ÿ˜˜

How are you Heliona?

Not sure how much time I will get to spend back here again but thought I better pop in and torment everyone when I can ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

So is a new Cheeky House on the agenda…see if we can hide it from Jon… ๐Ÿ˜บ

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:09 pm
  • heliona

You’re married, ST? Congratulations!

I’m doing all right, Tygs, thanks. Just ticking along with lockdown, coping with attempting to entertain my daughter, look after my horse, who is injured, and also sometimes go into work. How are you doing? It’s great to see you.

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:51 pm
    • Tygarya

I follow your insta ๐Ÿ˜‰

You got injured too didn’t you, how’s that going?Recuperation is never easy…

Lucky for us in NZ we don’t have any lockdown…we are free birds flying around with no where to go as the rest of the world is locked down oh well just as well I live in Godszone #bragging ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Jan 22, 2021 at 6:04 pm
      • heliona

Yes, I did. Dislocated my hip. Although that horse is now under the care of someone else, and is perfectly healthy (they’ve clipped all his hair off, so he freezing and rather grumpy, so I think they’re regretting it and now know why I like my horses furry!).

The horse I took on as a rehab horse was just coming back into work, as he’d not had anyone looking after him (he’s a school horse, but the riding school has shut due to COVID). Then I noticed he’d got a strange growth on one of his feet. It’s some sort of infection – I think it might be canker, which can be really nasty. Hopefully we caught it early enough, but the vet had to dig out quite a bit of hoof, so the horse is on a no-work routine and only just allowed out for a quick run in the arena right now. He’s getting rather grumpy and bolshy, but it does mean that I’ve got time to get fit!

My physio discharged me last week and told me to keep on doing what I’d been doing (since then of course I’ve done nothing – although that’s partly due to having a horrendous cold thanks to my darling daughter). I’ve got an x-ray on my hip next week, and we’ll see what they say. (There’s a potential that I might need a new hip, but they won’t know until maybe another year or so – it depends on whether the blood flow to the bone was stopped and they can’t tell that right away. But the fact that there’s no pain, just sometimes a mild ache, is a good sign, I believe.)

How are you getting on? (I am extremely jealous that you’re in the beautiful NZ, both because it’s on my bucket list of places to go, but also because you have sensible politicians who have sorted out this pandemic.)

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:47 am
      • Tygarya

We are also an island nation so its easy to block…just shut the airports lol

Which they haven’t actually done, so we keep getting cases at the border caught in quarantine so as long as that keeps working…

My Mum had her hip replaced, it is a fairly routine op, no need to worry if you do need it. Hugs

I have yet another ct scan coming up in Feb it will be number 7 I think…๐Ÿ˜

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:13 pm
    • Storyteller

I’ve been married for almost 3 years already. Brought wifey over here from the Philippines in record time, and everything’s been pretty amazing up until Covid hit.

Wifey’s been unemployed since mid-April 2020 (she’s also been working as a travel agent, survived at her job for as long as she could then got put on unpaid leave with no end in sight), we’re looking for a new job for her but in the current situation it’s one hell of a challenge, especially since she’s still learning Hebrew. We’re lucky that she got temporary resident status in October, which allowed her to receive unemployment benefits (our government here guaranteed unemployment benefits until end of June) or we would’ve been in serious financial trouble. My job didn’t go anywhere so far; as usual, the worse the crisis the more they need me – but there are no sales bonuses anymore, and the work itself is all cancellations and refunds and people screaming at me for not having gotten their money back yet. Takes some effort to not bring all that negativity home. I’m growing tired of working in travel and wondering about transitioning to another field, applying to all kinds of places, without much success so far.

On the up side, we moved to a bigger apartment with a 45 square meter roof terrace just before the Covid lockdowns began, so we have managed to avoid the worst of the claustrophobia. We have some new friends (also Israeli-Filipina couples) and we meet up and adventure a little bit in between the lockdowns. Also, none of us caught Covid, and my vaccination is February 2.

Oh and my sister in Germany just gave birth to triplets. We’re waiting for flights to Germany to reopen so that we could go see them.

Jan 23, 2021 at 1:11 am
  • Tooks

Your sister had triplets?????

*faints*

Luckily I retired in 2018, so I don’t have to try working from home like my ex-co-workers. (is that a word?)

Ladykat and Ninui are not here yet. I sent off an email to LK, but I don’t think I have one for Ninui. Poor lady was having trouble getting on the old TORC for a while, just got it straightened out, then BOOM. Here we are. I should send up some flares. Is there a gif for that?

heh.

Jan 23, 2021 at 4:45 am
  • notlistening

[quote]nl, Scribbles better get her broadsword here, pronto!!! Or we may lock the door on her.

ha.

Just kidding. [/quote]

(hey how do you do the quote thing here? Is it different?)

Yeah Tooks, she’d just cut a Scribe sized hole in the door. Which could make it tricksy to fly anywhere…

Jan 24, 2021 at 8:04 pm
  • Tooks

Yea, the usual taggie things we are used to don’t work here, nl. I am be-fuzzled at times. ๐Ÿ˜œ

So, I got one eye doc appointment out of the way today. Tomorrow is car inspection. Can I just stay home on Thursday?

thanks. ๐Ÿ˜’

Jan 26, 2021 at 7:14 pm
  • Ninui

Petitioner to the Council : 1 posts

Ninui here. I don’t think I like all this new crap. I don’t think I’ll venture into these hall much,( if any). Everything is gone !! Gone!! I’m so sad and am in tears. Lord even the emojis are gone

Be well everyone.

Ninui

Jan 26, 2021 at 7:48 pm
    • Melwa

Hello, good to see you! Not gone, it’s all still in the archives. And I keep finding new tools and features reappear every few days – the site is definitely still a work in process. But yes, it still feels like a strange new house we’ve moved into. I miss the emojis toooooo.

Jan 26, 2021 at 10:18 pm
  • Tooks

I don’t like the reply to a specific post thingy, because how do you know who posted where and when? gah!

Ninui, hope you’ll stick around and help make it more like home.

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:22 pm
  • heliona

Yes, the reply to individuals can get a bit confusing.

Ninui, I think there will be emojis and other things on the way. This place is very fresh at the moment.

Tygs, we’re an island too, but that didn’t help us, since our idiot government doesn’t believe in stopping borders. All the best for the next CT. I had an x-ray yesterday and all’s well so far and looking good. Also, my horse has his dressing off his foot now, so progress for him too.

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:55 pm
  • Tooks

I guess I should roust Louie from hibernation. Get him and Tony in here, cause some havoc. Fun stuff. ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Jan 29, 2021 at 3:41 am
  • Melwa

Excellent gif selection there.

Jan 29, 2021 at 12:03 pm
  • Tooks

I gotta say I do like the gifs. ๐Ÿ˜€

Jan 29, 2021 at 6:16 pm
  • notlistening

Huzzah! Nearly all the internal borders of Australia are now open to me (except WA who are being very tricksy…and waiting for their election to be done ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) so I will be able to take my short holiday to Tasmania on the 13th as long as we don’t have any more cases. Praise the Lord! It’s been 13 days since the last one so that’s good. As long as peoples stick to the rules and those in quarantine STAY THERE until test says they can go, all should be okay.

Sorry the UK and US are having so many cases. ๐Ÿ™ Please stay safe.

Heliona, hope healing continues and n new hip is required.

Jan 30, 2021 at 3:25 pm
  • SilverScribe

Good Gravy, I’m a Petitioner again??? LOLOLOLOL . . . well, it’s a good thing I didn’t get all spammy to try and get that third ring, eh? ๐Ÿ˜‰ Bad enough losing two . . .

* plops down and puts feet up *

Sooooo, where’s a thirsty Bard gonna get a flagon of ale now? And Tooks, put away that Duct Tape . . . yes, I saw it. I may not be around a whole lot, but I will try and peek in now and again.

* unsheathes her Broadsword and digs up her whetstone *

Now, where was I?

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:57 am
  • heliona

Scribbles!!!! Good to see you again.

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:10 am
    • SilverScribe

ACK!! Don’t do that!

*grumbles . . . ‘folks’ll get the idea I’m cuddly instead of a curmudgeon . . .’ *

But thank you heliona for the welcome. ๐Ÿ˜Š Though it still does feel a bit “echo-ey” in here; of course once the regular folks make the journey and the newbies start arriving, it’ll feel better I’m sure.

“Scribe-sized hole in the door” . . . . hmmmm wish I’d seen that suggestion earlier, LOL. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Jan 31, 2021 at 11:21 am
  • notlistening

We could just create a special entrance just for you if you happened to carve one out with your sword or knock down? “Scribes Only…this does not mean you!” sign or whatnot.

Jan 31, 2021 at 8:52 pm
  • Old_Begonia

Petitioner to the Council : 13 posts

So this is where all the cool kids hang out! Hiya!

Eyes the brunch…but scoots her walker over near the window, offloads two bags of random belongings. Settles on the window seat.

Will there be dancing?

Feb 1, 2021 at 11:51 am
  • Morwenna

Petitioner to the Council : 12 posts

By the way, I never did learn what TVM stands for… ๐Ÿ˜Š

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:45 pm
  • Storyteller

Hi all!

I just got vaccinated with the Pfizer shot. Didn’t feel a thing. I’ll let you know if I grow a tail (might be uncomfortable for sleeping on my back, come to think of it).

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:27 am
    • elengil

Citizen of Imladris : 22 posts

Oh I’d be totally down for growing a tail! ๐Ÿ˜บ

Feb 2, 2021 at 11:52 am
  • Tooks

Ok, sorry for my absence, but I’ve been shoveling snow. ๐Ÿคจ

Yes, there will be dancing.

If anyone grows a tail, they are NOT allowed to swing from the chandeliers by said tail.

As for TVM, it stands for Temporal Violation Module (aka Time Machine).

As for Scribbles… *hides duct tape up sleeve*... here’s something to drink!

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:04 pm
  • elengil

I’ll accept a purely decorative tail.

Feb 2, 2021 at 3:50 pm
  • Melwa

Would this tail suit you? You might be able to reach the chandelier with it!

Feb 2, 2021 at 7:47 pm
  • elengil

I mean…. that wasn’t quite what I had in mind but, I gotta be honest, I wouldn’t turn it down, either! ๐Ÿ˜†

Feb 3, 2021 at 7:00 am
  • Ladykat

Citizen of Imladris : 54 posts

YEESH!!! I’m gone for a while, and come back to find everything changed! I almost couldn’t get in, because I was told it didn’t recognize my password. Fortunately, I just had to reset the password and not set up a whole new account.

So this is very strange. We’ve all lost our old post counts? We’ve lost our shinys? And after I worked so hard (and LONG) to get mine. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

This is going to take some getting used to. I was planning to come in today and catch up on everything, as well as letting everyone know what’s been happening with me, (if anyone cares that is ๐Ÿ˜› ) but now I can’t find the threads I’m looking for. I only found this one because I saw Tooks’ name, so I jumped on it. I’m guessing this is the TVM? But what happened to Tom’s House? What happened to the Cat Lover’s Guild? (Queen Beruithel, or however you spell her name)

Rather depressing this. Now I don’t feel like posting anything. Gonna take me a month or more to learn my way around. ๐Ÿ˜–

๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

LK

Feb 3, 2021 at 10:32 am
  • Ladykat

I can’t even put up a sig pic anymore.

Now I AM depressed! ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ 

LK

Feb 3, 2021 at 10:36 am
  • notlistening

LadyKat I hear you on the post count. I was getting closer to a shiny ring. Never gonna get one now.

Tooks, I saw on the news that the east coast was getting slammed with storms and snow and flooding. Did the groundhog do this? Did he see his shadow? Maybe we should replace him with Louie of Two Fingered Tony…

ST, we don’t get our shots here for a little while. Front line workers and those over 70 go first. But I’m happy to get mine whenever. Not sure about a tail though…a unicorn horn would also be uncomfortable, as would wingses.

Feb 3, 2021 at 2:20 pm
  • Tooks

LK, I guess the plan is for us to eventually do the sig pic stuff? Go check out the Welcome forum…. Jon says something somewhere about it. But I bet you can find some good cat stuff in the GIF thingy-ma-jig at the bottom of the Reply box. I found raccoons already. <rolls eyes>

I would also like to just do ๐Ÿ˜€ to make a smiley instead of clicking stuff.

sigh

nl, Phil did not see his shadow until after the big snow. so we can’t blame him for it. Yesterday I had lots of fun trying to get the dog to wear himself out… slogging 2 miles through 15 inches of snow. yay. It didn’t work anyway. ๐Ÿ˜›

See? No sticky out tongue smiley. grrrrrrrrrr

Feb 3, 2021 at 6:01 pm
  • Melwa

LK! *tacklehug* Tooks, I got her, bring over that duct tape! Use the shiny gold one!

Mm, I’d suggest use your profile picture/background for sig pic
    purposes. Several of us copied over screenshots of our old post count,
    title, etc. I want the image embed option and the TORC emoji back toooo. I think the new site made everyone do a password reset, but it let me
    reset to exactly the same as my old one so that’s nice. I always hate
    those “new password cannot be the same as old password” messages.

It does feel like moving into an unfamiliar and empty house ๐Ÿ˜” – we’ve still got a bunch of threads that need restarting over here. Cat Lovers would be one of them. I’ve got a start at filling up Tom’s House. I’m missing the Home Alone thread for life update chatter, but it doesn’t feel right to not have rwhen start it. And yes of course we want to hear your news!

Feb 3, 2021 at 10:55 pm
  • notlistening

Tooks, maybe Phil was stuck in the hole and couldn’t get out for the snow?

Did you have to drag the dog around in the snow or does he like bouncing through mounds and barking at it?

I live is a crazy island place sometimes. Here is the US, UK etc trying to cope with thousands upin thousands of covid cases and one of our states goes into lockdown over 1. yes, 1 case. Granted it’s the mutant one from the UK but still… bit of overkill there.

Feb 4, 2021 at 12:42 am
  • Tooks

Holy heck! The type in smiley faces DO work now!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜›

๐Ÿ˜€

nl, I did not have to drag the dog anywhere. I let him off the leash (no one else was nuts enough to be at the park) and he went charging all over the place, into the woods, rolling in the snow, etc… ๐Ÿ™„

I just recently changed my profile pick to an ancient TORC pic from one of the original MoMES….shows Mammo with Hama in the hot tub. Ah…. the good ol’ days.

Which reminds me, this is MoST month.

Feb 4, 2021 at 3:26 am
  • Ladykat

Having totally mucked up my reply in the Thread of Today I will take my leave now.

Seriously people, we can’t edit stuff out?

LK

Feb 4, 2021 at 10:43 am
  • Storyteller

nl – I’m guessing Australia didn’t volunteer to be Pfizer’s human trial the way we did, so vaccination will be slow.

So far, no tail. Had one day of feeling like my shoulder was bruised – dull pain, somewhat limited mobility – and slightly elevated temperature; nothing after that. Second shot March 2, they say that the second time is a bit more rough.

Israel opened vaccination for everyone now, because the campaign is running out of steam and people don’t come in great numbers like they used to. Vaccinating wifey next week.

Meanwhile, Israel has “hermetically” shut down the airport until February 21. How we travel agents are supposed to survive in these conditions is entirely unclear.

Feb 5, 2021 at 12:53 pm
  • Ladykat

I think I just put a couple of posts in the PCE thread that probably should have went in here. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I’d try to edit, cut/or copy and paste, but every time I do that everything gets SPECTACULARLY mucked up.

Oh well, sorry about that.

Also, does anyone know how to do italics and bold? Or is that even an option here?

LK

Feb 6, 2021 at 10:02 am
  • SilverScribe

Tooks said … [” I found raccoons already.”]

Now, why is that not surprising? ๐Ÿ˜›

LadyKat, I think you can edit your post for a short time right after you make it … try clicking those three dots in the top right of the post box. There should be an option to Edit. I think once other people have replied though, that might turn off … As for Bold and Italics, there’s a Formatting icon at the bottom of the posting box “Aa” . . . click it and a formatting bar will display. Highlight the text you want to format, click the B or the I, well you get the picture. ๐Ÿ™‚

StoryTeller you got vaccinated? Huzzah!! Sadly, Canada is now ranked 34th in the world for vaccination rate. And this even while we have the capacity to produce the dang things right there in Quebec. *bangs head on desk* I tell ya, it never works to have a failed drama teacher for a Prime Minister. Great hair never got things done before and it sure ain’t getting done now. Bah!

And my heart breaks for the travel industry for sure. Calgary-based Westjet just announced more layoffs … โ˜น

notlistening – better to err on the side of caution, the new variants are apparently MUCH more transmissible. If only we’d shut our international travel borders sooner, but that’s water under the bridge by now.

<div>sssnnneaks the duct tape out of Tooks’ sleeve … Oh, a nice IPA. Thanks Tooks! </div><div>

</div><div>

Looks like I’m going to have to dig out the Great White North ๐Ÿงฆ True Canadian Woollies now – it’s FREEZING here! ๐Ÿ’จโ„ Who wants to try and cross country ski at -29C with a wind chill that makes it feel like -35C? Sheesh . . .

</div><div>

Edited to add: Seriously? HTML formatting tags? guess I better inform Jonathan there’s a glitch in the edit function.

</div><div>

</div>

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:14 pm
  • SilverScribe

Hah! I finally found the thumbdrive with all my TORC photos, gifs, jpg’s, etc.

And wouldn’t you know it, the Scribe’s picture was in there, so I’ve restored her (for the time being anyway). Now if I could just figure out a way to get my slogan back . . . permanently.

“When you carry a broadsword . . . you never have the same problem twice.”

Feb 6, 2021 at 2:40 pm
  • Tooks

I’m glad you did all that explaining, Scribbles. ๐Ÿ˜€

I’ve seen the messed up formatting, but hopefully haven’t done much of it my own self.

At one point in my working career, part of my job description was testing computer systems for bugs/errors. Maybe I ought to do that with the new TORC. See if I can break it, eh? What say you?

*cracks knuckles*

PS: Yes, the edit function goes away once someone else replies. That is stooofid.

Feb 6, 2021 at 3:50 pm
  • SilverScribe

Tooks said: “At one point in my working career, part of my job description was testing computer systems for bugs/errors. “

Really? That currently IS my job description!! Yowzer, what are the odds?

And you’re welcome. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I guess the edit function has to turn off eventually, otherwise folks could go and either delete the entire content of old posts, or do mass changes to them – which would break up / mess up the continuity of the thread. Then what would be the point of having posts at all? *goes cross-eyed* Okay, no brain-work on a weekend!

Ack, which reminds me, I have a mandatory course for work that I need to do. Pfffftttttt. *sigh*

… slips out …

โ€œWhen you carry a broadsword . . . you never have the same problem twice.โ€

Feb 7, 2021 at 10:36 am
  • notlistening

ST, sorry about your lack of work. Poor tourism industry has been hit so hard.

We haven’t started our vaccinations here as yet. Last week of Feb I believe for essential workers and 80+ peeps. Living on an island does mean we can take things slower. Which is good and bad.

My trip to Tasmania has not yet been cancelled due to breakout cases, thank the Lord. I had to apply for a permit to go to Melbourne to change planes though, which I understand why for tracing but is a little crazy. Then I have to apply for another permit for Tasmania itself. I feel like that scene from Hut for Red October where they are talking about no papers needed to go between US states.

Scribbles!!! I will reply to your email soon unless you freeze first then it will be trapped in the ether forever. ๐Ÿ˜

yay for emojis and font things.

okay sick of being a petitioner now…ooh look a wolf.

Feb 8, 2021 at 8:23 pm
  • Yonรกvรซ

Citizen of Imladris : 23 posts

Hey! Not sure where to start… just got re-upped on the new boards here.
    So, since that technically makes me ‘new’, should I say something in the newbie board?

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:12 pm
  • Tooks

Depends. How n00b are you?

Super-n00b, or mini-n00b?

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:46 pm
  • Ladykat

Super-noob or mini-noob?

Define, please.

What’s the difference?

LK

Feb 10, 2021 at 7:55 pm
  • notlistening

Super noob = over 10,000 previous posts? mini noob + under 10,000 previous posts?

Well Victoria is in lockdown again, UK variant escaped the quarantine hotel. As my flight to Tasmania was going via Melbourne I had to quickly change to a direct flight from Sydney (which is what I had originally but airline changed it twice) so I am blessed to be able to change flights and still go on my short holiday. Which is good as I’m pretty exhausted. Guessing the whole world is exhausted.

Hope everyone is staying well and safe. really think people should glow if they are infected. Can we cook something up in the TVM’s kitchen?

Feb 12, 2021 at 1:18 pm
  • Tooks

Yea. I plan on just staying home until all this crap is over. My next door neighbors were all sick a few weeks ago. I wondered why I didn’t see them for a while. ๐Ÿ˜›

In other news…. um.. hmmm.

Maybe I should start a Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…. thread on the new boards here. What say you?

๐Ÿ˜€

So my smiley icon shortcuts aren’t working any more?

*Sigh*

Feb 12, 2021 at 4:08 pm
  • Ladykat

I agree with Melwa. The new smileys are boring. She’s denying them.

I think I will too.

We want the old ones back!!!

LK

Feb 14, 2021 at 4:03 pm
  • SilverScribe

First off, I have been negligent in welcoming all the “noobie type folks” here to TORC, as well as the “previous folks” who have found their way back. I’m pretty sure Tooks had Louie and his crew out for weeks, leaving bread crumb trails all over the planet. ๐Ÿ˜›

We are getting “warmer weather” now . . . if you can call -18C with a -33C windchill “warmer”. Ah well, the weather goofs are promising more normal -5c type stuff by the coming weekend. Yay. Canadians all over will be breaking out the shorts and flip flops. And no, I’m NOT KIDDING. ๐Ÿ˜‹

nl, I hope your travel interruptions are over and you are now relaxing with your feet up in Tasmania. Um, do watch out for the “devils”, eh? I hear they’re disguising themselves as cute kittens now . . .

Feb 15, 2021 at 2:11 pm
  • Tooks

Wait, now my emoticon faceys are showing up? I am confuzzlated. ๐Ÿ˜•

I guess that smiley comes close to my current status of befuddlement. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Our snow is melting. More coming on Thursday? Who knows? I don’t. Is it Spring yet? I’m tired of this.

bleh.

*closes eyes and pretends it is Spring*

Feb 15, 2021 at 5:50 pm
  • Ladykat

We were under a winter storm warning until 1:00pm today. Then it’s supposed to stop, allowing us all to take a deep breath, before it dumps more snow and ice on us beginning Thursday.

At least that’s what the weather dweebs are saying.

I WISH it were spring!

LK

Feb 16, 2021 at 12:50 pm
  • notlistening

Well, I’m back…not sure if you missed me.

Yes, I was allowed into Tasmania, I had to cahneg my flight to a direct and not go via germ ridden Melbourne. But I had a lovely time travelling around Tassie, saw so many rocks, took 988 photos (not all of rocks) some waterfalls, Tessellated pavement (which is rock) some wombat mums and babies, cliffs (again rock) sandy beaches, Maria Island, seals, angry geese, trees. It really is a lovely place to visit. Not sure I’d want to live there with all the windy roads though. But didn’t need to wear a mask for 8 days!

Feb 20, 2021 at 3:09 pm
  • Tooks

Next week the snow will be melting. That is a plus. Right?

nl, we missed you. Glad to have you back! I saw some of your rock photos, anyway. ๐Ÿ˜€

I think we need to start up the theme months again. What should we do for March? Ideas? Thoughts? Donuts?

Feb 20, 2021 at 6:11 pm
  • rwhen

Petitioner to the Council : 2 posts

Ermmmm. Howdy Tooksies and the rest of the TVM. I am not sure of hanging around but I had to check it out, right?

Feb 21, 2021 at 11:16 am
    • rwhen

Petitioner to the Council : 2 posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one post???? I guess three rings don’t follow.

And I spy all you peeps.

Scribbles….get to work!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Feb 21, 2021 at 11:19 am
      • SilverScribe

MOM!!!!

**crash*tackle*hugsssess*knuffles**

Ahem. Okay there. I’ve gone and done that . . . move along folks . . . nothing to see here . . . ๐Ÿ˜›

Feb 26, 2021 at 8:20 pm
  • notlistening

Hi Rwhen, nice to have another noob here. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tooks, yes I have bruises from the rock hopping. Mostly kneeling down to take a photo, though I did slip once and scratch my back as I was protecting the camera.

Man, you lot are having one heck of a winter!

Feb 21, 2021 at 6:43 pm
  • Tooks

Winter? Yes. And it is snowing again today!!!! About 3 inches so far. Yay.

๐Ÿ˜›

*points at the stranger in town*

Who is this rwhen? What is it?

*pokes*

Ha. She has only 2 posts. ๐Ÿ˜œ ๐Ÿ˜‡

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:14 am
  • notlistening

Feb 22, 2021 at 7:47 pm
  • Tooks

Ooooo.. I love the poking chicken gif. Hope I can find it when I want it.

The snow is melting. Spring is in the air. The birds are singing. The skunks are coming out of hibernation…

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Feb 26, 2021 at 3:27 pm
  • SilverScribe

*dusts off hands*

Okay, gettin’ ta work. ๐Ÿ˜‰

notlistening, we did miss you, and sooooo happy to hear you travelled there and back again safely. Did ya see any Devils, huh, did ya, did ya? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

In weather news, our deep freeze turned into a Chinook and by yesterday afternoon, we could see grass again. Grass!! In February!! In Alberta!! Whooda thunk it.

Of course, last night Old Man Winter stomped back in and it was -20C overnight and snowed today. *sigh* However, I prefer winter in the WINTER, and spring in the actual SPRING. So there. ๐Ÿ˜›

Feb 26, 2021 at 8:25 pm
  • Tygarya

I don’t even remember what my post count was on the old site…

How does one access the archives? It’s probably easy to work out but I’m lazy ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Feb 27, 2021 at 2:51 pm
    • SilverScribe

TYG!! The old site still exists, I just donโ€™t think you can log in there any more . . . I found you in a Prancing Pony thread . . . your postcount said 10,692.

I tried to insert a screenshot here but it hates me . . . *sigh*

๐Ÿ˜‹

Feb 28, 2021 at 4:23 pm
  • notlistening

Scribbles, I did not see any devils, whirling dustclouds or otherwise, as the critters are mostly nocturnal. Did see some posters at places you could go see them, But they are pretty cranky things and bitey too. And the peeps looking after them are hoping to solve the cancers they seem to have. There is a small colony of them on Maria island now, trying to breed out the disease.

Our weather has no idea what its doing, but I don’t mind the rain.

Hope y’all get a nice spring soon. Except Tyg, whose in NZ and going into autumn like me.

Feb 27, 2021 at 3:05 pm
  • Tooks

I tried inserting a link to a picture, but it didn’t work.

*sigh*

I shall try again. If I break the boards, don’t tell anyone it was me. K?

Mar 3, 2021 at 6:29 pm
  • Ladykat

Haven’t been here for a while, and this is why:

Several days ago, I got something in the mail from unemployment regarding my claim. Since I DID NOT file for unemployment, I called them to tell them so. After spending what felt like half the day on hold, the person I was speaking with decided it was a case of identity theft, and someone was trying to collect unemployment in my name. She gave me the names of several government agencies and told me I should file a report with them about the ID theft. I also had to contact the credit reporting agencies and tell them to flag my account in case anyone tried to open new credit in my name.

A couple of days after that, I noticed an unauthorized withdrawal on my bank account. So after calling the bank and spending a couple of hours on hold with them, she made a report. She told me I would have to go to a local branch and actually print the report out so I could sign it, or they wouldn’t be able to proceed with the investigation. She also advised me to close my account. I have no car, so it’s a good thing there is a bank branch within walking distance of where I live. That took the better part of the day, and now I’m paranoid that someone will get into my new account. It also causes a problem with paying the rent–I’ll have to go buy money orders.

So that’s what I’ve been doing, what’s everyone else been up to?

LK

Mar 4, 2021 at 11:12 am

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now