Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums Welcome! So, no dedicated gaming forum?

• So, no dedicated gaming forum?

Jonathan updated 1 month, 1 week ago 5 Members · 11 Posts
  • Otaku-sempai

Citizen of Imladris : 30 posts

I guess that gaming news and related posts will have to go in the movies and media forum.

Jan 14, 2021 at 4:31 pm
  • Jonathan

Servant of the Secret Fire : 42 posts

For now. I’ll look at adding more in the future.

Jan 16, 2021 at 8:44 am
  • Arassuil

Petitioner to the Council : 15 posts

The Prancing Pony Forum would be a good addition.

Jan 17, 2021 at 2:08 am
  • Jonathan

The Prancing Pony has been reborn! (it’s back in the list of forums now) 😀

Jan 19, 2021 at 12:40 am
    • Hunter

Petitioner to the Council : 10 posts

Thank you Jonathan for adding the Prancing Pony Forum! It was a favorite hang-out of mine and therefor I have a few questions concerning it.

Will the old guidelines for that forum transfer over to this new message board? Or is it a fresh start?

Curious about the creation of Inns. In the early days Inns were a gathering place where posters could ‘dip their toes” into RP.

Also wondering about the best way to go about continuing RP stories from the old board; coping them over might be a daunting task if they happen to be quite long. If a link is posted, will it be active?

Many more questions, but I’ll save them for another time.😉

Jan 21, 2021 at 4:59 pm
      • Jonathan

Regarding the guidelines, if you want to transfer the guidelines over to a new post, Hunter, I can make it sticky in the pony forum…

As for the old RP stories, copying them over is indeed a daunting task (I actually tried to see if I could get the 3.5 million posts–gave up after a couple days of trying to make it work without tons of coding). But, if anyone wants to collect them, I can try and help post them… there’s just no way to correlate each post to the original poster.

The old forums will stay up as long as the server it’s on stays up (it’s a server hosted by my business)–I expect that will be at least 2 years.

Jan 21, 2021 at 11:17 pm
      • Hunter

I have copied and pasted the Guidelines from the old forum for The Prancing Pony in the new one. If one of the moderators could please read to see if everything is correct that would be wonderful.

If anything needs to be changed, please let me know and I will edit or else a moderator can make the changes if they wish.

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:35 am
      • Jonathan

Great! I’ve made it a sticky topic now…. lemme know if you need anything else as you get the pony rolling again!

Jan 22, 2021 at 11:13 am
    • Otaku-sempai

Citizen of Imladris : 30 posts

The Prancing Pony is for conversational/casual role-play, not for the discussion of games. Is that correct?

Jan 21, 2021 at 9:03 pm
      • Hunter

I guess that’s one way of putting it Otaku-sempai (nice to meet you by the way). The best way to get a feel for role play is to read a few of the stories posted in the old forums.

Jan 22, 2021 at 10:25 am
  • Melwa

Citizen of Imladris : 55 posts

I’m enjoying seeing more features appear every few days. 🙂

Jan 19, 2021 at 4:27 am

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now