Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums The Lord of the Rings Read LOTR with me and The Babylon Bee!

• Read LOTR with me and The Babylon Bee!

Jonathan updated 1 month ago 4 Members · 6 Posts
  • Jonathan

Servant of the Secret Fire : 46 posts

Some of you may be familiar with The Babylon Bee… a satire site with articles like “CNN Purchases Industrial-Sized Washing Machine To Spin News Before Publication”. What you probably don’t know is that they’re also big LOTR fans!

On YouTube and their podcast feed, they’ll be reading through LOTR, one chapter per week.

I’ll be on the podcast/video as well! You can check out chapter 3 (the first chapter I’m on) here:

Jan 18, 2021 at 7:29 pm
  • Hunter

Petitioner to the Council : 16 posts

I have been following along. Nice addition to the website.

Jan 21, 2021 at 5:03 pm
    • Jonathan

Thanks! Just recorded another episode today (they’re released each Friday/Saturday right now), and I think they’re getting better. Can’t wait to dive into Tom Bombadil with the guys.

Jan 21, 2021 at 11:24 pm
  • Arassuil

Citizen of Imladris : 25 posts

Wow, this is pretty cool!

Jan 23, 2021 at 3:42 pm
  • Elmtree

Petitioner to the Council : 2 posts

I’ve been listening to those two young whipper snappers and the one old guy discussing Fellowship and I’m really enjoying it. Just finished Fog on the Barrow Downs. That was always one of my favorite chapters. Gave me chills 🙂

May 16, 2021 at 8:38 pm
  • Jonathan

We just finished recording the podcast for the final chapter of FOTR. But, sadly, they made the decision to put it behind their paywall now… I’m trying to convince them to get it out there for other fans — there’s a chance I may be able to put it on a separate feed–that doesn’t require paying $5/mo–eventually.

May 21, 2021 at 1:24 pm

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now