Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums Welcome! Profile photos

• Profile photos

Melwa updated 10 months ago 5 Members · 6 Posts
  • White Shadow

Petitioner to the Council : 2 posts

Hello!

I’ve been trying to get my profile photo on my profile and struggling. It says that I can create one via Gravatar, which is WordPress related/adjacent? But it won’t let me login using my TORC username and password. (Although it does say that a username of White Shadow does exist, although of course that could be someone else.) I tried the option to login using my Google login, but then I just end up going round and round in a circle, as it returns me to the login page as though nothing has happened.

I created a Gravatar account ages ago with Heliona (as I’ve got a few blogs – now rather dead – on WordPress) so it imported my profile pic for that. But I’m flummoxed by not being able to create one as White Shadow. Any ideas?

Jan 20, 2021 at 3:07 pm
  • White Shadow

Petitioner to the Council : 2 posts

Scratch that! I’ve managed to find it. Turns out if you access your profile via the link at the top right of the screen, you can upload a photo (which is what I was wanting to do) and also a cover photo.

Never mind!

🙄

Jan 20, 2021 at 3:13 pm
  • Tooks

Shield Bearer : 168 posts

Yea. Gotta try stuff out to see what works.

Hope I don’t break anything. 😇

Jan 21, 2021 at 3:55 am
  • prmiller

Citizen of Imladris : 33 posts

To Tooks:

Yeah, you and me both, kiddo!

Break it you buy it?

What would I do with a huge website…with zero coding experience! Oh the dizzying learning curve I would be on!

Jan 31, 2021 at 4:00 pm
  • Yonávë

Citizen of Imladris : 23 posts

Thanks for posting about this!!
    I”m lost on how to make a cover photo work… is there a “paid member level” difference here, like there was on the last one?
    (I was never a paid member… so just skated by on the free version. 🙂 )

Feb 9, 2021 at 3:40 pm
  • Melwa

Citizen of Imladris : 55 posts

The Profile link in the top right of the screen should allow you to add a cover photo either by clicking the “edit profile” button and then selecting “cover photo” on the left, or by hovering over the cover photo to make the “edit cover photo” option appear in the top left corner.

Feb 9, 2021 at 8:28 pm
Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now