Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums Language I need help with a "TRANSLATION", please!

• I need help with a "TRANSLATION", please!

Xandarien updated 2 days, 19 hours ago 2 Members · 4 Posts
  • nekoyashi

Petitioner to the Council : 2 posts

Mae govannen everyone,

I’m a new member and I’m very happy to have joined. I hope someone can help me with this. I’ve been trying to translate the phrase “Feel my Heart” in Elvish and transcribing it in Tengwar Annatar Italics, for a possible VERY FIRST tattoo ever.

I’ve been doing some research online through words and elvish dictionary sites and I think I might have found something but I’m not sure.

All I came up with was this: “Órenya (my heart) felmë (emotion)” or “Felmë órenya” or “Mathon (feel/perceive) órenya” or “Óre nîn mathon” or I don’t know. I’m not even sure of the grammar and phrase structure either. I want to make sure to get the right translation/grammar structure before I commit it to a tattoo, which will be forever. I’m really hoping for more.

Namárië…

Aug 28, 2021 at 9:21 am
  • Xandarien

Petitioner to the Council : 8 posts

Mathon means ‘I feel’ as in ‘I physically feel with my hand’ so I don’t think you want to go with that!

Fel- is the Sindarin verb for ‘to feel (a sensation or emotion)’, Felin = I feel.

Unless you’re wanting ‘I feel my physical heart’, in which case the word for ‘heart’ is hûn (Mathon i chûn nîn = I feel my own physical heart with my hand) we want either gûr = heart, inner mind or ind = inner thoughts, some particular purpose or intention of an individual; heart

Felin i ind nîn = I feel my heart, I feel my inner thoughts, I feel my own intentions

Sep 13, 2021 at 1:08 am
    • nekoyashi

Petitioner to the Council : 2 posts

Thank you for your help, Xandarien…

“Felin i ind (gûr) nîn” (I feel my heart, I feel my inner thoughts, I feel my own intentions), it’s all very clear now.

But I should point out though that for “Feel my Heart” I actually intended: “(you) Feel my Heart”, as opposed to “(I) Feel my Heart”, if you follow my meaning. Would that be such a translation, you think?

Thanks…

Sep 14, 2021 at 2:55 am
      • Xandarien

Petitioner to the Council : 8 posts

Oh I see! In that case Felig = You feel (informal, someone you know well) or Felil = You feel (formal, stranger or someone in a position of authority) instead of Felin = I feel.

If it’s meant to be plural, then either Felig = You (all) feel (informal)/Feligir = You all feel (informal) or Felidh = You (all) feel (formal).

Sep 17, 2021 at 7:11 am
Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now