Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums Alliances and Guilds House of Queen Beruthiel a.k.a. The Cat Lovers Guild

• House of Queen Beruthiel a.k.a. The Cat Lovers Guild

emilia updated 2 days, 11 hours ago 6 Members · 19 Posts
  • Ladykat

Shield Bearer : 171 posts

I think this guild was started by Calma back in the day, and I promised myself I’d keep it going in her memory.

So all cat lovers, welcome! This is the place to come and share stories about your furbabies. Even if you’re not currently owned by a cat, if you love the little furballs, come and join the discussion.

I myself have three rather elderly (like me 🙀 ) little brat cats, two males and one female. The boys are Sindarin and Zavie, the little girl is Nimrodel, and make no mistake, she is In Charge. 😉

So come and talk about your kitties past and present. This is the place for the Feline Fanciers of TORC. 😻

LK

Feb 4, 2021 at 10:19 am
  • Ladykat

Feb 5, 2021 at 11:02 am
  • Ladykat

I came across this the other day while I was clearing out some old papers. I’d like to take credit for it, but I’m not the author.

THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR CAT—-by Barbara Kunz Loots

Lasers for the darkness.

supersonic pounce,

energy of atoms

propelling every ounce,

automatic sensors

and gyroscopic mind,

comprise the perfect system

God alone designed.

LK

Feb 5, 2021 at 11:09 am
  • Ladykat

Anyone else having a hard time finding can food for their kitties? My finicky little brats will only eat certain kinds—and it must be pate—-but I’m having trouble finding those particular kinds in the stores.

Those flavors must be popular with a whoooooooole lotta kitties.

LK

Feb 6, 2021 at 10:15 am
  • Ladykat

There doesn’t seem to be any more cat lovers on TORC anymore.

Pity, that.

That’s ok. I’m still going to keep the thread going, even though I’m basically over here talking to myself. 😛

LK

Feb 10, 2021 at 8:05 pm
    • Tygarya

Petitioner to the Council : 16 posts

I’m here, and I was there too, so I will help you keep Calma’s dream alive 🥰

Feb 27, 2021 at 2:30 pm
  • elengil

Citizen of Imladris : 40 posts

“There doesn’t seem to be any more cat lovers on TORC anymore”

Blasphemy!

Feb 11, 2021 at 6:56 am
  • Ladykat

My kids got a special treat a few days ago. It was my birthday, so I opened them a can of tuna. Not cat food tuna, but people food tuna.

They were very happy. I’m sure they wish I’d do that more often.

LK

Feb 16, 2021 at 1:19 pm
  • Vanaladiel

Petitioner to the Council : 10 posts

In answer to the kitty food comments… my China girl is allergic to Chicken and most cat foods have poultry or chicken in them. So I have had a dickens of a time finding one that does not. I finally found a Natures Balance Green Pea and Salmon that she loves. I also found one cat treat that does not have chicken in it and she goes crazy for it so it became a bed time treat. Temptations Blissful Catnip.

The vet would like her on soft food but there are none I can give her without her giving them right back and the Natures balance doe not have a wet food equivalent. So she gets a water dish and also a water fountain to keep her hydrated. She is an older cat about 13 or 14 now but she is doing great and loves snuggling with mommy during the day watching movies.

I love my fur baby and always will be a kitty person!

Hey Elengil and LadyKat I am finally here!! I sure miss my rings!!

Feb 16, 2021 at 11:39 pm
  • elengil

No idea if that embeds properly but seemed fitting.

Feb 26, 2021 at 11:00 am
  • Ladykat

elengil—–OK, that was just—–strange. Funny, but strange.

Vana—-My guys aren’t allergic to anything that I know of. My problem is finding food they like to eat. And I mean that literally; it seem every time I go to the store the cat food shelves are bare, or almost bare. I have to get pate cause they won’t eat any of the chunks, or shreds, or sliced or diced—just the pate. I guess every other cat in the neighborhood feels the same way, cause the selection for the pate is practically nonexistent.

LK

Mar 4, 2021 at 10:22 am
    • elengil

It’s a parody of an actual shanty. Very ear-wormy.

Mar 17, 2021 at 9:21 am
  • Morwenna

Citizen of Imladris : 20 posts

I’m here. Glad to see others here too! OK, where’s Iris??

Right now we’re owned by Macaroon, aka Mackie, aka Macatoon, aka Tunamac… He’s orange & white, as his name might suggest, and now he’s 13 years old and counting. He’s such a big baby it’s not funny.

Long-timers will remember the saga of our old cat, Oreo, whom we had to put down almost 5 years ago due to kidney failure, after 3 months of struggle with operation and diet change and pills and hydrating shots… and more money than I care to admit to… he was 16 at the time. He was about half & half black & white, as, again, his name might suggest. But we didn’t name him; his original owners did.

The two of them overlapped by about 8 1/2 years, and it could be quite entertaining during that time. Oreo was used to being an only cat till we brought home that upstart kitten who wouldn’t leave him alone. Now, of course, Mackie’s an only cat and hubby keeps insisting that he needs a companion. Well, he’s been alone for almost 5 years now and he’s a senior citizen, as are we both and I don’t want the responsibility for another animal ay this point. We shall see…

Mar 6, 2021 at 11:07 am
  • Ladykat

Morwenna—Iris hasn’t been around for quite a while now. I’m thinking of emailing her if I can find her email addy.

Mackie sounds like a great cat. Mine are all around 14-15 years old. I’m not quite sure since they were all strays.

LK

Mar 8, 2021 at 9:01 pm
  • Ladykat

I’m beginning to worry about my little female, Nim. She seems to have stopped eating, or she just eats very little. That’s not normal for her. She never overate, she’s not overweight or anything, but now she just seems to nibble. It doesn’t matter what kind of food I put out, canned or dry, she just doesn’t seem interested.

I hope she’s not sick. I never liked taking her to the vet, and that’s one place that hasn’t “reopened” yet. They still won’t let you go in with your pet, which I think is just plain stupid!

LK

Mar 10, 2021 at 7:47 pm
  • Ladykat

I need to make a vet appointment for my kitties. I hope I can get them all three in at the same time, but I don’t know.

If I can’t, it’ll be hard to pick who gets to go first. They’re all way overdue for shots and stuff.

LK

Apr 1, 2021 at 9:17 am
  • Ladykat

Haven’t been able to post here for a while.

I lost another one of my kitties.

Figwit passed away last year around Thanksgiving, and Sindarin passed away a few weeks ago.

Thinking about it makes me so sad I start crying, and then I can’t type.

I only have two of my furbabies left now.

LK

May 6, 2021 at 10:33 am
  • Ladykat

Both Nim and Zavie have a vet appointment next week. They’re both sick. Nim really isn’t eating, every time she does she throws up. I got the soonest appointment available. I hope they both hang in there until I can get them to the vet. 😧

LK

Jun 23, 2021 at 7:22 am
  • emilia

Petitioner to the Council : 2 posts

I got barely any time for my kitty named Mini. The over load of my assignment neither give me time to binge series nor give me time to play with Mini. Sometimes it feels like if someone can put down my thoughts into words and help me to relax a bit. I wish someone can help to write a paper for me.

Sep 24, 2021 at 4:36 am
Viewing 1 - 17 of 17 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now