Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums Welcome! Hi, and Reading Room question

• Hi, and Reading Room question

Suspended Member updated 3 weeks, 2 days ago 6 Members · 12 Posts
  • JudyA

Petitioner to the Council : 10 posts

Hi Jonathan, maybe it’s just because I’m on my mobile phone but I’ve been finding it hard to navigate things in the reading room.

Can you tell me:- whether there is (or will be) a search feature?- whether any of the old stories will be available, or will they need to be resubmitted? I ask because one of the things I wrote back in the day – four chapters, I think – might be a fun thing to resurrect as it’s in the time period of the TV series. But set in Aman. 😉

– if I do need to resubmit, can you or someone else help me because I totally suck at this sort of thing!

Thanks – and nice job on the new digs 😁

Jan 20, 2021 at 1:06 pm
  • Jonathan

Servant of the Secret Fire : 46 posts

I have a task to re-build The Reading Room… sadly, we lost all the authors on there when the site was updated in 2012. I need to change them from standard “posts” into another type of article that allows better grouping by story and type. It will get better eventually… right now I’m just focusing on the new boards/community here for the next few weeks.

Jan 20, 2021 at 3:39 pm
    • JudyA

Fair enough!

FWIW I’m happy to add my stuff back in to beef up the new RR once you’ve had to time to sort it out. I think they’re all on a hard drive somewhere….

Jan 20, 2021 at 5:19 pm
      • Jonathan

Servant of the Secret Fire : 46 posts

Appreciate that! I think there are something like 5 thousand posts in The Reading Room… it’ll take time to separate the wheat from the chaff 🙂

Jan 20, 2021 at 6:01 pm
      • JudyA

Five thousand!! 🤯

Jan 26, 2021 at 3:54 am
  • Melwa

Citizen of Imladris : 55 posts

I know the old forum is still available in read-only format, so perhaps the easiest would be to link to the page/thread on there?

Jan 20, 2021 at 3:53 pm
  • prmiller

Citizen of Imladris : 33 posts

Someday Mrs. Parm will let me get a cellphone too, with a really SIMM card in it so I can play with all the other boys and girls…sigh…I just have my Mac Air and iPad…and an iPhone from a friends with the SIMM card removed…I am feel so technically archaic!

Jan 31, 2021 at 3:56 pm
    • JudyA

Parm!!!!!! Oh my hat, I’m SO glad to see you (in a manner of speaking) 😁😁😁😁😁

I want to know…. everything that’s been going on in your life. Totally need to be brought up to date. Although perhaps that should happen on a chat thread??

Jan 31, 2021 at 4:02 pm
    • elengil

Citizen of Imladris : 63 posts

I still have a flip phone so don’t despair, you aren’t at the bottom of the tech rung there 😁

Jan 31, 2021 at 4:56 pm
  • JudyA

Hey Jonathan, here’s another question: how do I make connections with people? Others (including your good self) have asked to connect with me, but I have no idea how to do it. 🥴 #technodunce

Jan 31, 2021 at 4:05 pm
    • elengil

Citizen of Imladris : 63 posts

[obviously not Johnathan…]

Click on the user name and under their profile is ‘connections’, click that and there are options for ‘connect’ ‘follow’ and if the unfortunate need arises ‘block’.

If you get a connect notice you can accept it the same way I think? Or through the notification bell in the corner.

Jan 31, 2021 at 4:55 pm
  • This content has been hidden as the member is suspended.
Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now