Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums Movies, TV, and More EA Announces New Lord of the Rings RPG Based on Tolkien's Books

• Creator
    Discussion

Otaku-sempai
    Participant

Brad Lang reports at CBR.com:

Electronic Arts is developing Lord of the Rings: Heroes of Middle-earth, a new mobile role-playing game set in J.R.R. Tolkien’s fantasy world.

The project, which is a joint initiative helmed by both EA and Middle-earth Enterprises, is described as a free-to-play “collectible RPG that brings the fantasy and adventure of The Lord of the Rings to existing fans and new audiences alike in a strategic, social-competitive experience.” The publisher goes on to state that the game will feature “immersive storytelling, turn-based combat” and will allow players to collect a wide variety of characters from both The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit.

• EA Announces New Lord of the Rings RPG Based on Tolkien's Books

donnie86dc updated 2 days, 10 hours ago 4 Members · 10 Replies
  • draugohtar

Petitioner to the Council : 5 posts

It will probably involve many microtransactions, cards in boosters like with shinny things for 0,99!

And the game will cost you 9,90 to be login with expansion costing 4,90 for each new region I would say.

May 10, 2022 at 11:02 am
  • This content has been hidden as the member is suspended.
  • donnie86dc

Citizen of Imladris : 37 posts

I am old school in this, too. I’d prefer an enhanced version of Battle for Middle Earth. Those two games are legendary, people still play them, tens of mods have been created and people still love them, after 15 years from their release.

A third game would be the best a fan can desire…

May 17, 2022 at 6:37 am