Welcome to Our Fellowship

Join our growing fellowship! Check the News Feed to see all the latest!
Below, find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community.

Forums Forums Talk About Anything Class of 2000, Part III

• Class of 2000, Part III

Hunter updated 4 days, 22 hours ago 20 Members · 55 Posts
  • Sunsilver

Petitioner to the Council : 17 posts

Okay, let’s get this started, ladies and gentlemen!

Link http://forums.theonering.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=111352 to the previous thread (read only)

So, how is everyone? How was your New Year’s?

Jan 16, 2021 at 8:11 pm
  • heliona

Citizen of Imladris : 42 posts

Hello, Sunsilver!

My New Year was okay. Had a Zoom call with friends. Obviously a bit of a muted celebration, but nice to “be” with friends.

How about you?

Jan 20, 2021 at 12:10 am
  • laureanna

Petitioner to the Council : 2 posts

Hi, Sunny. It appears we are all Class of 2021 now.

😎

Jan 20, 2021 at 3:26 am
    • Stella

Petitioner to the Council : 3 posts

Does that mean the class of 20o3 can join in? Or is it still just those who joined in 2000 🧐

Jan 20, 2021 at 12:14 pm
      • heliona

I doubt there’s many Class of 2000 around still, and perhaps they’re even less likely to appear on this new incarnation. 😄

So I’d say you’re more than welcome. 😊

Jan 20, 2021 at 12:21 pm
      • Stella

w00t!!!

Jan 20, 2021 at 1:14 pm
      • Hunter

Citizen of Imladris : 25 posts

Oh, some of us are still around Heliona, 😉 Although it might take this oldbie a bit of time to figure some of the new things that have been added. Wow are there ever a whole lot of emoji’s. Hope Jonathan can somehow add some of the old classic ones.

Tried to added the Blue wizard as profile pic but hard to work the crop feature.🙄

Hello Sunny and everyone else, nice to meet you.

Jan 20, 2021 at 6:57 pm
      • heliona

Hunter!!! Right now I want the glomp emoji. I haven’t seen you in what feels like eons, even on other social media. 😉 How are you doing? Well, the one good thing about this new place is it’s bringing people out of the woodwork.

(One confusing thing is the levels for posting – so this is a reply to you, rather than the last post. A bit of mindset change from the old board. I wonder if it’s something that can be changed back, so when you want to reply, you just use a quote instead.)

Jan 21, 2021 at 1:32 am
    • coldgin

Petitioner to the Council : 1 posts

Well Im back..and going to say class of 2021, because 2000 was a lifetime ago. I am not nearly the same person I was then.

Jan 20, 2021 at 2:19 pm
      • Hunter

I’m doing okay Heliona, pretty much laying low with everything that’s going on. But I am staying busy. I do hope the new place is successful, though I do miss the look of the old message board

Yes, the levels for posting is confusing, wasn’t sure how I should do it, don’t want to ignore the posts in-between replies.

Hello coldgrin, welcome.

Jan 21, 2021 at 4:38 pm
  • heliona

Hunter, I know what you mean. I’ve almost gone into hibernation!

Yes, regarding the levels of reply, I’m trying to just use the big reply button on the right-hand side, which as far as I can tell posts a new reply to the main thread, rather than to an individual post, and then replying to people within that, like we would on the old forum.

Jan 22, 2021 at 4:13 am
  • Sunsilver

I’m doing fine. Had a quiet New Year’s celebration with two of my neighbours. We bought a very nice prime rib dinner from the local restaurant (only one in town!) and ate it together, while watching TV. All of us are single ladies, so we’ve sort of bonded together during the COVID lockdown, and all of us either are working in the healthcare field, or have done so in the past, so we are very aware of the dangers, and don’t take chances.

Actually saw in the New Year while sipping drinks in one of the neighbour’s hot tubs!

Most aggravating thing so far this year is my darn snowblower is refusing to work, and I’m certainly not up to shoveling a very large u-shaped driveway by myself! Praying we don’t get too much more snow before it gets fixed!

So, certainly a minor problem compared to many. I’m just annoyed that a very able-bodied tenant of mine isn’t grabbing the snow shovel to help out! 😠

Jan 22, 2021 at 11:26 am
  • heliona

Seeing in the New Year in a hot-tub sounds brilliant!

Sorry your neighbour isn’t helping out. Snow’s not much of a problem here, although I did miss three days of work due to snow. A very tiny amount to what you will be dealing with, but we don’t get snow that much here in the UK, so it doesn’t take much to provide a lot of disruption!

Jan 22, 2021 at 2:43 pm
    • Hunter

Sounds like you had a wonderful New Year’s celebration Sunsilver!

Mine was a bit quiet, after a nice meal and a glass of wine I settled into reading a good book and was asleep before midnight.

Sorry about your snow blower, hope it is fixed soon. I know how it is with large driveways and snow blowing, mine is large also. It used to take me a couple of hours to do it because of the way it is configured and where the snow has to go. Finally gave up, sold the darn thing and hired the job out. We get a lot of snow where I live and I just couldn’t deal with it anymore after one extremely snowy winter when a deer wandered up the driveway and was confused when it couldn’t find a way back out and the snow banks were too high to jump.

Jan 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
  • Drogo Baggins

Here we are!!! Thanks to Jonathan for helping me restore my password. So of course the first place to visit is Class of 2000.

Jan 25, 2021 at 5:13 pm
    • Sunsilver

Welcome back, Drogo! Happy 2021!

Jan 25, 2021 at 5:28 pm
  • heliona

Drogo, you got here! Excellent!

Jan 27, 2021 at 3:51 pm
  • summoned

I know I am not much of a contributor to this thread/topic, but I do always check in. TORC is the first online community I became a part of, and I will not let it go. So, it is good to see you all here.

Jan 28, 2021 at 3:43 am
  • Dunthule

Petitioner to the Council : 4 posts

Hola y’all!

I like the new digs😎

How’s everyone ?

Jan 28, 2021 at 5:47 am
  • heliona

summoned – to be fair, I think most of us 2000ers haven’t contributed to this thread a lot over the years.

😂

Dunthy, good to see you. I’m as well as can be expected, how’s things with you?

Jan 28, 2021 at 5:59 am
  • The-Humble-Hobbit

Petitioner to the Council : 5 posts

Hello…, 🙂

Jan 31, 2021 at 2:03 am
    • heliona

Hello, Humble. Or THH. 😁 Welcome!

Jan 31, 2021 at 5:09 am
      • The-Humble-Hobbit

Petitioner to the Council : 5 posts

Hey hey. Looks nice in here… echo echo 😉 Place has changed allot.

Feb 25, 2021 at 4:27 pm
  • Gungnir

Another old fart checking in. And I haven’t checked out yet

Feb 6, 2021 at 3:20 am
    • Drogo Baggins

That is welcome news….

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:46 pm
  • Witchwench

Uhmmm…this place is..different? Hi all, how ya doing? It’s been about a year. Are any of the old threads archived or are we starting from scratch?

Feb 7, 2021 at 5:27 pm
    • Sunsilver

all the old threads are archived, Witchy, but if we want to move them to the new forum, we have to start a new thread.

Feb 13, 2021 at 12:17 am
    • Drogo Baggins

Yay Witchy is here!!!

Feb 13, 2021 at 11:30 am
  • Tempest

Still trying to figure this place out….I’m not even sure I’m posting correctly…..

May 10, 2021 at 10:50 am
    • elengil

Citizen of Imladris : 85 posts

(tempted to create a thread called Correctly just so we can all post in correctly… )

May 12, 2021 at 1:30 pm
    • This content has been hidden as the member is suspended.
    • erinhue

Petitioner to the Council : 9 posts

Hello friend Just got back Hope to start again

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:55 am
  • LalaithUrwen

Poor form, Beor, to carry your grievances to another board and to make personal attacks on another person. Many of us post/lurk in both places (and on another board), so what you say and do follows you.

ETA: It may look like I’m a newbie here, but I assure you I’m not. I’ve been a member of this board for over 19 years and have thousands of posts under my belt.

May 22, 2021 at 8:08 am
      • Sunsilver

Beorhtnoth, you are quite wrong.

TORC very recently underwent a total makeover. This is a brand new message board using a brand new system. All the old posts, dating back to 1999, are archived on the old board: http://forums.theonering.com/

Here’s a link to her profile on that board: http://forums.theonering.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=14299

BTW, I am not stalking you. As I started this thread, I get notifications for it via e-mail. It’s for members who joined the board in 2000, long before HoF existed.

May 22, 2021 at 8:59 am
      • Sunsilver

No, it’s not. I’m here to defend friends I’ve know for over 20 years. I’ve even met quite a few of them in person.

This board is also quite strictly moderated. I’m not here very much anymore, as I mostly post on HoF, but still pop in from time to time.

In some ways, this board is even stricter. If you try posting a swear word, you will find that out, unless Jonathan, the board owner, removed the language filters when he created the new board.

I mean this in the nicest way possible. When you post on a board that has been around as long as this one, and as long as HoF, you have to realize the people have a history with each other, and the board has a culture. If you insult people by making assumptions about them (as you just did with Lali) it upsets people. And it’s RUDE!

One of the posters on HoF recently lost a family member to COVID 19 and another one is still very ill. Your insensitive posts in that thread were very upsetting to her. And your post to another member about her scientific background (she has a pHD in biological science!) was one of the rudest things I’ve ever seen on that board.

Please try to be aware of this when posting.

May 22, 2021 at 9:22 am
  • elengil

Citizen of Imladris : 85 posts

One of the great functions of this message board is the ‘block’ feature.

May 22, 2021 at 9:19 am
  • LalaithUrwen

Indeed, elengil, and so I shall. Thanks for the reminder.

May 22, 2021 at 9:22 am
    • Sunsilver

Ah, yes, excellent idea!

Life is too short for this sort of aggravation!

May 22, 2021 at 9:28 am
    • MorninStar

May 22, 2021 at 9:32 am
  • LalaithUrwen

Anyway, it’s nice to see familiar faces here. I do lurk from time to time. I’m class of 2002, but, hopefully, you all won’t mind. The new place looks nice. I’m trying to figure out if it’s different than even what I have on Tapatalk for this place (which I thought was updated). It seems like it might be. ??

May 22, 2021 at 2:15 pm
    • MorninStar

I’ll have to see if my old name & account shows up in old records because I don’t recall my original start date. I know it was in the Spring. Maybe 2003 or 2004.

May 22, 2021 at 2:37 pm
  • Dunthule

I’m from the class of 2,000. 😬

I hope y’all are doing well!😎🍻

Jun 17, 2021 at 12:08 pm
  • erinhue

hello everyone It has been a long time since i posted here I used to be one of the logest time posters and some might remember me. i will try to start again on this new board love to see it is still here.

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:52 am
    • Sunsilver

HUE!!! [**crash**tackle**hug] So good to see you! Yeah, as if us old timers would ever forget you… 😁

Edited to add: as you probably have figured out already, if you want to revive any of the threads from the old board, [roleplay**cough**cough] you will have to start a new one here.

Um, not that I’m suggesting anything… 🤓

Aug 5, 2021 at 7:01 am
  • erinhue

Hiya I was thinking that. think I will start one soo as it comes to me Feels good to me

Aug 13, 2021 at 2:11 am
  • Lalaith-Elerrina

Citizen of Imladris : 78 posts

Hello, Hue! And everyone. The forums have gotten quiet lately… *crickets* *crickets* I’m from the class of 2003!

Aug 14, 2021 at 2:08 pm
  • erinhue

I was on the old boards since 2000 Glad to be here

Aug 15, 2021 at 11:32 am
Viewing 1 - 25 of 28 replies

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now